Open source alternative to access the eDonkey P2P network.
What is eMule?
As of today, eMule is one of the biggest and most reliable peer-to-peer file sharing clients around the world. Thanks to it's open source policy many developers are able to contribute to the project, making the network more efficient with each release.
- Clients use several networks to create one reliable network. (ED2K, Source Exchange, Kad)
- Kad is now in an open testphase, eMule v0.42 can be enabled to use Kad
- eMule's Queue and Credit system helps to ensure that everyone will get the file he wants by promoting those that upload back to the network.
- eMule is completely free. eMule is also completely free of any Adware, Spyware, and ect. We do this for fun and knowledge, not for money.
- Each file checked for corruptions while downloading to ensure an error free file.
- The eMules Intelligent Corruption Control helps to speed up the correction of corrupted parts.
- Auto priorities and Source management allows you to start many downloads without having to monitor them.
- The Preview function allows you to look at your Videos and Archives before they are completed. For video previewing, we recommend the Video Lan Client.
- The eMule features webservices and a webserver that allows you to have quick access to and from the internet.
- You can create categories for your download to organize them.
- To find the file you want, eMule offers a wide range of search possibilities which include: Servers (Local, and Global), web based (Jigle, and Filedonkey), and Kad (Still in Alpha).
- eMule also allows you to use very complex Boolean searches that make the searches much more flexible.
- With the messaging and friend system, you can send messages to other Clients and add them as friends. In your friend list, you can always see if a friend is online.
- With the build in IRC client, you can chat with other downloaders and chatters around the globe.
- Fixed some bugs in UPnP and changed the behavior for ADSL devices a bit
- Fixed a bug concerning double adding friends
- If Vista is running with Aero, eMule will enable Minimize to Tray on Minimize by default (can be changed in the display options)
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: