qBittorrent is a well established open-source BitTorrent client. qBittorrent features a light footprint, whilst providing all the features you may need. It uses the high-tech libtorrent-rasterbar library, which means greater download and upload speed, as well as excellent support of the latest features in the BitTorrent protocol.
Why use qBittorrent instead of another client?
There are several BitTorrent clients that are functional, but this is why we like qBittorrent:
- It has no ads
- It is free and open-source, so you can review the code and see what qBittorrent is doing. This means you don't have to worry about qBittorrent embedding malware, trackers, or other dangerous code
- A built-in search engine that allows users to search for torrents directly from the client
- Support for a wide variety of file formats and protocols including magnet links, DHT, PEX, and LSD
- A feature-rich and customizable interface that includes a built-in torrent creation tool
- Support for sequential downloading, which allows users to stream a video file as it is downloading
- An integrated RSS feed reader and downloader
- Remote control via a web user interface.
- It features an anonymous mode for better privacy
Which operating systems are supported by qBittorrent?
qBittorrent is compatible with the vast majority of operating systems such as GNU/Linux, BSD, all the versions of macOS and Windows.
Is it legal to use qBittorrent?
qBittorrent is a peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing software. Although the software is perfectly legal, it may be illegal to download or share some content, depending on local law.
Is qBittorrent's Anonymous mode private enough?
Anonymous mode doesn't provide strong privacy guarantees on its own. If you are concerned about copyright troubles, consider using a VPN instead. When the Anonymous mode is enabled, qBittorrent takes certain measures to try to mask your identity, preventing your BitTorrent traffic from being associated with you.
- Polished µTorrent-like User Interface
- Well-integrated and extensible Search Engine
- Simultaneous search in most famous BitTorrent search sites
- Per-category-specific search requests (e.g. Books, Music, Movies)
- All BitTorrent extensions
- DHT, Peer Exchange, Full encryption, Magnet/BitComet URIs, ...
- Remote control through a Web user interface
- Nearly identical to the regular UI, all in Ajax
- Advanced control over trackers, peers and torrents
- Torrents queueing and prioritizing
- Torrent content selection and prioritizing
- UPnP / NAT-PMP port forwarding support
- Available in ~25 languages (Unicode support)
- Torrent creation tool
- Advanced RSS support with download filters (inc. regex)
- Bandwidth scheduler
- IP Filtering (eMule and PeerGuardian compatible)
- IPv6 compliant
- Sequential downloading (aka "Download in order")
- Available on most platforms: Linux, macOS, Windows, OS/2, FreeBSD
qBittorrent is easy to use and all of its features are well documented. If you like this piece of software, please make a donation and help it survive.
- Feature: Add 'Auto resize columns' functionality (Chocobo1)
- Feature: Allow to use Category paths in 'Manual' mode (glassez)
- Feature: Allow to disable Automatic mode when default "temp" path changed (glassez)
- Feature: Add tuning options related to performance warnings (Chocobo1)
- Feature: Add right click menu for status filters (An0n)
- Feature: Allow setting the number of maximum active checking torrents (An0n)
- Feature: Add option to toggle filters sidebar (AbeniMatteo)
- Feature: Allow to set 'working set limit' on non-Windows OS (Chocobo1)
- Feature: Add 'Export .torrent' action (Chocobo1)
- Feature: Add keyboard navigation keys (itlezy)
- Feature: Allow to use POSIX-compliant disk IO type (Coda)
- Feature: Add 'Filter files' field in new torrent dialog (thalieht)
- Feature: Implement new icon/color theme (now-im, xavier2k6)
- Feature: Add file name filter/blacklist (mxtsdev, thalieht)
- Feature: Add support for custom SMTP ports (Emil M George)
- Feature: Split the OS cache settings into Disk IO read/write modes (summer)
- Feature: When duplicate torrent is added set metadata to existing one (glassez)
- Feature: Greatly improve startup time with many torrents (glassez, jagannatharjun)
- Feature: Add keyboard shortcut to Download URL dialog (Chocobo1)
- Feature: Add ability to run external program on torrent added (glassez)
- Feature: Add infohash and download path columns (tristanleboss)
- Feature: Allow to set torrent stop condition (glassez, thalieht)
- Feature: Add a 'Moving' status filter (tristanleboss)
- Feature: Change color palettes for both dark, light themes (Chocobo1)
- Feature: Add a 'Use proxy for hostname lookup' option (Nathan Lewis)
- Feature: Introduce a 'change listen port' cmd option (BallsOfSpaghetti)
- Feature: Implement 'Peer ID Client' column for 'Peers' tab (Hanabishi)
- Feature: Add port forwarding option for embedded tracker (Chocobo1)
- Bugfix: Store hybrid torrents using 'torrent ID' as basename (glassez)
- Bugfix: Enable Combobox editor for the 'Mixed' file download priority (Aleksandr Cupacenko)
- Bugfix: Allow shortcut folders for the Open and Save directory dialogs (Aleksandr Cupacenko)
- Bugfix: Rename content tab 'Size' column to 'Total Size' (Aleksandr Cupacenko)
- Bugfix: Fix scrolling to the lowermost visible torrent (Aleksandr Cupacenko)
- Bugfix: Allow changing file priorities for finished torrents (An0n)
- Bugfix: Focus save path when Manual mode is selected initially (Aleksandr Cupacenko)
- Bugfix: Disable force reannounce when it is not possible (An0n)
- Bugfix: Add horizontal scrolling for tracker list and torrent content (NotTsunami)
- Bugfix: Enlarge "speed limits" icons (Chocobo1)
- Bugfix: Change Downloaded to Times Downloaded in trackers tab (An0n)
- Bugfix: Remove artificial max limits from 'Torrent Queueing' related options (Chocobo1)
- Bugfix: Preserve 'skip hash check' when there is no metadata (glassez)
- Bugfix: Fix DHT/PeX/LSD status when it is globally disabled (Kacper Michajłow)
- Bugfix: Fix rate calculation when interval is too low (glassez)
- Bugfix: Add tooltip message when system tray icon isn't available (Chocobo1)
- Bugfix: Improve sender field in mail notifications (Dmitry Vodopyanov)
- Bugfix: Fix "Add torrent dialog" spill-over on smaller screens (Chocobo1)
- Bugfix: Fix peer count issue when tracker responds with zero figure (summer)
- Bugfix: Don't merge trackers by default (glassez)
- Bugfix: Don't inhibit system sleep/auto shutdown for torrents stuck at downloading metadata (summer)
- Bugfix: Allow to pause a checking torrent from context menu (summer)
- Bugfix: Allow to use subnet notation in reverse proxy list (Chocobo1)
- Bugfix: Fine tune translations loading for Chinese locales (sledgehammer999)
- Bugfix: Fix torrent content checkboxes not updated properly (Chocobo1)
- Bugfix: Correctly load state of 'Use another path for incomplete torrents' in Watched folders (glassez)
- Bugfix: Add confirmation to resume/pause all (BallsOfSpaghetti)
- Bugfix: Fix wrong count of errored trackers (Chocobo1)
- WebUI: Allow blank lines in multipart form-data input (Aleksandr Cupacenko)
- WebUI: Make various dialogs resizable (Chocobo1)
- WebUI: Fix wrong v2 hash string displayed (Chocobo1)
- WebUI: WebAPI: return correct status (Requi)
- WebUI: Fix empty selection in language combobox (Chocobo1)
- WebUI: Store WebUI port setting in human readable number (Chocobo1)
- WebUI: Add support for exporting .torrent (Tom Piccirello)
- WebUI: WebAPI: Add endpoint to set speed limit mode (glassez)
- WebUI: Improve progress bar rendering (Mike Lei)
- WebUI: Add transfer list refresh interval settings (summer)
- WebUI: Use natural sort (Chocobo1)- WebUI: Apply i18n translation only to built-in WebUI (Chocobo1)
- WebUI: Alert when HTTPS settings are incomplete (Chocobo1)
- WebUI: Handle drag and drop events (Chocobo1)
- WebUI: Fix wrong behavior for shutdown action (Chocobo1)
- WebUI: Don't disable combobox for file priority (Chocobo1)
- RSS: Increase limit of maximum number of articles per feed (summer)
- Windows: Fix 'Open destination folder' delay on Windows (Andrew)
- Windows: NSIS: Update Russian, Estonian, Japanese, Dutch, Portuguese BR, German and Indonesian translations (Andrei Stepanov, Priit Uring, maboroshin, Thomas De Rocker, Ícaro, schnurlos, Faisal A. F. Rahman)- LINUX: Mark as single window app in .desktop file (Nicolas Fella)- LINUX: Add Dockerfile (Amanuense-del-diavolo, Tom Piccirello, Chocobo1)- LINUX: Remove option of using icons from system theme (now-im)- MACOS: Fix wrong background color in properties widget (NotTsunami)- OTHER: Binary distributions of qbittorrent are GPLv3+ licensed (sledgehammer999)
qBittorrent is featured in...
Software similar to qBittorrent 9
uTorrent is an efficient and feature rich BitTorrent client for Windows sporting a very small footprint.
Tixati is a peer-to-peer file sharing program that uses the popular BitTorrent protocol.
- Multiple OS
Deluge is a lightweight, free software, cross-platform BitTorrent client.
Tribler is an open source BitTorrent-based p2p client that lets you find and share content like video, audio and pictures.
More similar downloads