3DMark 11 Basic Edition 1.0.5
Designed to measure your PC’s gaming performance 3DMark 11 makes extensive use of all the new features in DirectX 11 including tessellation, compute shaders and multi-threading.
Trusted by gamers worldwide to give accurate and unbiased results, 3DMark 11 is the best way to consistently and reliably test DirectX 11 under game-like loads.
There are six tests in 3DMark 11, all completely new. The four graphics tests use advanced rendering techniques making use of tessellation, volumetric lighting, depth of field and post processing effects enabled by the technology and performance available in DirectX 11 graphics hardware. The physics test uses rigid body simulation of a large number of objects on the CPU. The combined test features CPU and GPU workloads. The CPU handles rigid-body physics while the GPU is tasked with volumetric lighting, tessellation, post processing as well as simulating soft-body physics using DirectCompute.
3DMark 11’s online service, located at http://www.3dmark.com offers improved performance and streamlined functionality. The online service allows users to validate, store, share and compare their benchmark results with those from other users around the world.
This is a minor update. Benchmark scores are not affected.
- New installer technology (similar to 3DMark and PCMark 8).
- SystemInfo updated to v4.25.366 to improve hardware detection.
- User interface now shows all GPUs present in the system.
- Fixed a few rare crashes within the user interface.
- DirectX 11, a DirectX 11 compatible video card,
- Windows Vista or Windows 7.
- Processor: 1.8GHz dual-core Intel or AMD CPU
- Memory: 1 GB of system memory
- Graphics: DirectX 11 compatible graphics card
- Hard drive: 1.5 GB free space
- Audio: Windows Vista / Windows 7 compatible sound card
The Basic Edition is free to use and allows an unlimited number of benchmark runs without registration or expiry. Visit http://www.3dmark.com to upgrade your Basic Edition to the Advanced Edition and unlock all presets, custom settings, benchmark looping, unlimited online results storage, offline results management and more.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: