AstroGrep is a Microsoft Windows grep utility. Grep is a UNIX command-line program which searches within files for keywords.
AstroGrep supports regular expressions, versatile printing options, stores most recently used paths and has a "context" feature which is very nice for looking at source code.
- Regular expressions (Uses the standard Microsoft .Net Regular Expressions: Quick Reference)
- Concurrent multiple file types
- Recursive directory searching
- A "context" feature that selects the lines above and below your search expression
- Most Recently Used list for search paths
- Somewhat versatile printing options
- Double click to open file with editor of your choice
- Store Most Recently Used file names and search expressions
- Match Whole Word Only
- Syntax highlighing
- Free of charge and Open Source
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: