K-Lite Codec Pack Full 10.1.5
The K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of codecs and related tools.
K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of DirectShow filters, VFW/ACM codecs, and tools. Codecs and DirectShow filters are needed for encoding and decoding audio and video formats. The K-Lite Codec Pack is designed as a user-friendly solution for playing all your audio and movie files. With the K-Lite Codec Pack you should be able to play all the popular audio and video formats and even several less common formats.
The K-Lite Codec Pack has a couple of major advantages compared to other codec packs:
- It is updated frequently. So it is always up-to-date with the newest and/or best components.
- All components have been carefully selected for specific purposes. It is not just a random bunch of stuff thrown together.
- It is very user-friendly and easy to use.
- The installation is fully customizable, meaning that you are able to install just those components that you really want.
- The customization abilities even go beyond the component level. Some components are able to handle multiple formats.
- You can specify exactly which components should handle which formats. The pack can thus be fully tweaked to your own specific needs and preferences.
- Uninstallation removes everything that was installed by the pack. Including all registry keys.
- It is extremely easy to make a fully customized unattended installation with the integrated wizard.
- It does not contain any bad, buggy or unstable codecs.
- It tries to avoid potential conflicts with other codecs installed on your computer. The installation is able to detect and remove over 100 different codec and filter packs.
- The pack is able to detect broken codecs and filters on your system, and helps you to remove them.
- It is a very complete package, containing everything you need to play your movies.
- This pack has a huge user base. This means that problems are found and resolved quickly.
- There are different variants of the pack. From very small to large.
- The pack is suitable for both novice and expert users.
The full variant has many additional features. It supports playback of several (lossless) audio formats. It contains VFW/ACM codecs that can be used for encoding. It has playback support for a few legacy audio and video formats. This package is suitable for power users.
- Media Player Classic Homecinema [version 220.127.116.1165]
- DirectShow video decoding filters:
- ffdshow [version 1.2.4475]
- LAV Video [version 0.51.3]
- On2 VP7 [version 18.104.22.168]
- DScaler5 MPEG-2 decoder [version 0.0.6.0 IVTC mod]
- DirectShow audio decoding filters:
- ffdshow [version 1.2.4475]
- LAV Audio [version 0.51.3]
- MONOGRAM AAC decoder [version 0.9.6.0]
- DirectShow audio parsers:
- madFLAC [version 1.10]
- Monkey's Audio (DCoder) [version 1.0]
- OptimFROG (RadLight) [version 22.214.171.124]
- DC-Bass Source Mod [version 1.4]
- AC3File [version 0.7b]
- DirectShow source filters:
- Haali Media Splitter [version 1.11.288.0]
- LAV Splitter [version 0.51.3]
- AVI splitter (Gabest) [version 126.96.36.19965]
- DirectShow subtitle filter:
- DirectVobSub (a.k.a. VSFilter) [version 2.41.5565.0]
- Other filters:
- madVR [version 0.82.5]
- Haali Video Renderer [version 1.11.288.0]
- Codec Tweak Tool [version 5.4.1]
- Win7DSFilterTweaker [version 5.5]
- MediaInfo Lite [version 0.7.58]
- VobSubStrip [version 0.11]
- GraphStudioNext [version 0.4.9.1]
- Shell extensions:
- Icaros ThumbnailProvider [version 2.1b2]
- Icaros PropertyHandler [version 2.1b2]
- Updated MPC-HC to version 188.8.131.52
- Updated LAV Filters to version 0.58.2-90-g602b085
- Updated xy-VSFilter to version 184.108.40.206
- Updated Codec Tweak Tool to version 5.7.3
- Updated GraphStudioNext to version 0.6.1.270
- Updated Icaros to version 2.2.4 b1
- Added support for decoding HEVC (aka H.265) and VP9 video
- MPC-HC is now given a different filename on systems running NVIDIA Optimus. This allows choosing your NVIDIA GPU as the preferred GPU for MPC-HC.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.