This is a WHQL-certified driver for GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, and 200-series desktop GPUs and ION desktop GPUs.
New in Version 191.07:
* Adds support for OpenGL 3.2 for GeForce 8, 9, 100, and 200-series GPUs and ION GPUs.
* Accelerates performance in several gaming applications. The following are examples of improvements measured with version 191.07 drivers vs. version 190.62 drivers (results will vary depending on your GPU, system configuration, and game settings):
o Up to 12% performance increase in ARMA 2
o Up to 8% performance increase in Batman: Arkham Asylum with GPU PhysX enabled
o Up to 50% performance increase in Call of Juarez: Blood in Bound with SLI enabled
o Up to 14% performance increase in Fallout 3 (indoor scenes) with antialiasing enabled
o Up to 10% performance increase in Far Cry 2 (DX9 version) with antialiasing enabled
o Up to 34% performance increase in Prototype with antialiasing enabled
* Adds SLI support for Aion, Darkfall, Dawn of Magic 2: Time of Shadows, Dreamkiller, Fuel, Majesty 2: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim, Need for Speed: Shift and more.
* Includes numerous bug fixes, including the following key fix (additional bug fixes can be found in the release notes on the documentation tab): For graphics cards supporting multiple clock states, 3D clocks correctly return to 2D clocks after exiting a 3D application.
New in Release 190/191 Drivers:
* Includes WHQL support for DirectCompute with Windows 7 and GeForce 8-series or higher graphics cards.
* Installs PhysX System Software version 9.09.0814.
* Supports NVIDIA 3D Vision Discover, a complete, low cost solution to start your immersive stereoscopic 3D experience. NOTE: If you are using NVIDIA 3D Vision active shutter glasses, you must download the separate 3D Vision driver which includes the driver for the 3D Vision IR emitter.
* Supports CUDA 2.3 for improved performance in GPU Computing applications. See CUDA Zone for more details.
* Supports a new user-controlled power management setting for select GeForce 9-series and later graphics cards (only available on cards that already support more than one power state). This option allows users to set a performance level for each DirectX or OpenGL application.
* Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel X58-based motherboards.
* Supports NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on a dedicated GeForce graphics card. Use one card for graphics and dedicate a different card for PhysX processing for game-changing physical effects. Learn more here.
* Supports GeForce Plus Power Pack #3. Download these FREE PhysX and CUDA applications now!
* Supports GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring by installing NVIDIA System Tools software.
GeForce 200 series:
GTX 295, G210, GTX 275, GTX 280, GTX 285, GTS 240, GTX 260, GTS 250, GT 220
GeForce 100 series:
GT 130, G 100, GT 140, GT 120
GeForce 9 series:
9600 GSO, 9600 GS, 9500 GT, 9300 GS, 9300 GE, 9400, 9800 GX2, 9800 GT, 9400 GT, 9600 GT, 9500 GS, 9200, 9300, 9800 GTX/GTX+
GeForce 8 series:
8200, 8300, 8100 / nForce 720a, 8600 GS, 8600 GTS, 8400 GS, 8600 GT, 8800 GTS, 8400, 8500 GT, 8300 GS, 8800 Ultra, 8800 GTS 512, 8800 GT, 8400 SE, 8800 GS, 8800 GTX
GeForce 7 series:
7900 GTX, 7500 LE, 7900 GS, 7050 PV / NVIDIA nForce 630a, 7550 LE, 7025 / NVIDIA nForce 630a, 7600 GT, 7950 GX2, 7800 GS, 7050 / NVIDIA nForce 630i, 7300 GT, 7150 / NVIDIA nForce 630i, 7300 GS, 7800 SLI, 7950 GT, 7600 GS, 7300 SE / 7200 GS, 7600 LE, 7900 GT/GTO, 7350 LE, 7050 / NVIDIA nForce 610i, 7100 GS, 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 620i, 7800 GTX, 7300 LE, 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 630i, 7650 GS
GeForce 6 series:
6800 GS, 6600 LE, 6250, 6800 XT, 6700 XL, 6200, 6800 GS/XT, 6800 Ultra, 6800 GT, 6800, 6500, 6150, 6200 A-LE, 6150LE / Quadro NVS 210S, 6200 LE, 6200 TurboCache, 6100 nForce 420, 6600 GT, 6800 XE, 6610 XL, 6150 LE, 6600 VE, 6800 LE, 6200SE TurboCache, 6100 nForce 405, 6100, 6100 nForce 400, 6600, 6150SE nForce 430
ION LE, ION
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System.
We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
You can check back regularly for the latest updates at TechSpot's Drivers section or stop by our homepage for the best daily coverage of PC technology news on the Web.