TechSpot Poll: What is your primary browser?

By on July 28, 2005, 10:28 PM
Even with Firefox consolidated as a major choice in the browser arena, Internet Explorer has kept dominating the scene, and Opera, which recently became my browser of choice, has been relegated to a third place. Our new poll consists of just that, what you use as your primary browser... when we get the results a couple of weeks from now, I will bring a comparison of those numbers with the ones logged by our server to see how close they are.

Those are the results from our last poll/trivia. So were most of your answers correct? I think not =). While we became popular using the 3D Spotlight name - which got over 50% of the votes along with the 3DSpot variant - very few of you seemed to remember our roots, back in the day of the 3d wars between 3dfx Voodoos and Rendition Verite chipsets, I opened a small PC site dedicated mostly to Rendition cards, hence the name: "Pure Rendition".

Cool logo, huh? We were hosted by FortuneCity, on an URL that was definitely too long to remember, yet still received about 1000 visits a day at its peak (compare that to over a hundred thousand visitors today).

FinalFantasyFrk said:
I had been using Firefox a lot, then tried Mozilla for a while, and now I'm back at Firefox, which I do like better.
luvhuffer said:
I'm currently hooked on Deepnet Explorer. I do however occassionally play around with Deer Park Alpha2.
dragonpac said:
I personally love AvantBrowser
eko said:
Opera. Mozilla Firefox. IE = yuck!
eko said:
Sorry if post is doubled: Opera and Firefox are the best available browser, in my humble opinion. Uncomparable experience, if you balance these two with IE.Only tried Maxthon for a while, but Opera and Firefox remain my primary choice. I considered lately using an e-mail client, and of course, I tried the Mozilla Thunderbird.
DragonMaster said:
[quote] Internet Explorer has kept dominating the scene[/quote]Most people don't know how how to install something.