Apple vs. Apple

By Derek Sooman on March 28, 2006, 5:01 PM
Apple Corps Ltd. is suing Apple Computer Inc., claiming that company violated a 1991 agreement by entering the music business with its iTunes online music store. Currently being heard by Judge Martin Mann, the case centres on a 1991 pact that ended a long-running trademark fight between the two Apples, where it was agreed that each would not tread on the other's toes by entering into a "field of use" agreement over the trademark. Apple Corps now contends that Apple Computer has violated this agreement.

London-based Apple Corps said in a statement that "unfortunately, Apple and Apple Corps now have differing interpretations of this agreement and will need to ask a court to resolve this dispute."
The two Apples are due to meet tomorrow in a London courtroom to battle it out.

vigilante said:
Gosh I hope Apple wins :)
gudel said:
death to all Apples!
crossfire851 said:
I want my apple to win.
Nic said:
I hope Apple lose and then we can be rid of their proprietary DRM infested music format.
ThomasNews said:
Looks like the English courts are [i]the[/i] place to be seen this year (Starting with that infamous hack, Dan Brown). It should be an interesting trial, I mean Apple have [i]clearly[/i] entered into the music business. I'm sure it'll get bogged down with technicalities as to what that means though (Apple obviously aren't selling their products after all, so technically they don't appear to be competing with them even).[Edited by ThomasNews on 2006-03-29 14:15:57]
jcX4ever said: