Alleged iPhone 5S photos from inside Foxconn leak online

By on February 11, 2013, 9:57 AM

A new batch of alleged next generation iPhone photos have found their way online courtesy of a Chinese website. The pre-production images appear to have been taken inside a manufacturing facility – said to be Foxconn – and show the front and rear panels of a device that looks very similar to the iPhone 5.

Details are lacking at this hour but based on rumors circulating last week, we could see not one but two new iPhones launch later this year. The iPhone 5S would be much like what the iPhone 4S was when it was released – a handset with beefier internals inside an identical outer shell. That’s almost a given when you look back at Apple’s past releases following an entirely new design the year before.

The more interesting of the two handsets would be the iPhone 6 which is rumored to have a larger screen somewhere between 4.8-inches and 5-inches. All of this comes from a Chinese blog that claims to have an inside source that saw both handsets. As you can imagine, all of this should be taken with a healthy dose of salt.

Either way, we’re all but certain that Apple will release some version of the iPhone this year as they have done every year since 2007. Aside from what phone we will see, the other big unknown is when will the new handset(s) arrive? The past two releases have come later in the year while the first several were geared more towards Q2 and early Q3.

1 person liked this | Guest said:

I'd like to know how they can even tell it might be a new phone, they still look the same.

Tygerstrike said:

Who cares!!! Its Apple!! Yet another dog and pony show from the ppl who have perfected it. They cram the same craptastic phone down the consumers throat every year. Cmon Apple! Wheres that innovation at?? Give us something NEW! Not the Iphone 3 repackaged with a diffent case.

j05hh j05hh said:

I'll wait for iphone 10, same crap different year.

ArthurZ ArthurZ said:

This becomes boring, all these incremental releases are just to keep rumors alive and draw some interest, but Apple cannot do it forever.

MilwaukeeMike said:

"we could see not one but two new iPhones launch later this year" You dont' have to say 'not one, but two' We know that two isn't one. This isn't the slap-chop. I assume you're letting people know that Apple normally only releases one phone per year.

I say we start taking bets... what's going to be the 'cool' feature of the 5S? Something Siri-like that's unexpected? Or maybe things other phones are starting to showcase like wireless charging or a waterproof coating?

Or maybe it'll be boring, like a better battery life or a case that doesn't scratch from bright sunlight.

captainawesome captainawesome said:

I dont know ... I rate those are GooPhones :P

1 person liked this | Skidmarksdeluxe Skidmarksdeluxe said:

I dunno. I can't tell the difference between the original iphone & iphone 5. If you've seen one model, you've seen them all.

1 person liked this | davislane1 davislane1 said:

An integrated taser would be cool. Call it the iZapper, find someone you don't like, and have fun depleting your battery.

Burty117 Burty117, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

What the Hell?! The difference in design from the iPhone 3GS to iPhone 4 was huge.

Hasn't changed since though

Oh My God!! the new iPhone is added another one-row-icon than iPhone 4!! LoL!

Skidmarksdeluxe Skidmarksdeluxe said:

Hasn't changed since though

I suppose you're right. Never did pay much attention to phones anyway.

ghasmanjr ghasmanjr said:

After having the 4s for 18 months and playing on my friend's 5 for a few hours, I think I'm going with the Galaxy SIV when I upgrade. I thought the 4s was awesome until I got an Android based tablet. Now I realize that Jelly Bean can do anything iOS can do, but with more variety and less restrictions.