Ridiculously true? Saints Row IV gets $1 million Super Dangerous Wad Wad Edition

By on August 11, 2013, 4:30 PM
saints row, edition, million, saints row 4

If you thought the Saints Row IV collector’s edition announced last month was over the top at $129.99, it pales in comparison to the latest bundle known as the Super Dangerous Wad Wad Edition. It’s so prestigious that only one is being created and it’ll set you back $1 million.

The one-of-a-kind Super Dangerous Wad Wad Edition is perhaps more accurately described as a bundle of experiences. In addition to receiving the Commander-in-Chief edition of the game as well as a full-sized replica of the in-game Dubstep Gun, whoever is dedicated (or foolish?) enough to hand over a million bucks will get to experience a day of spy training, a hostage rescue experience and a ticket to space courtesy of Virgin Galactic’s space flight.

It doesn’t end there, however, as you’ll also take home a one year membership in the E25 Super Car Club – the longest established and largest supercar club in the world – and a Lamborghini Gallardo. You’ll also get to experience seven nights for two at the Jefferson Hotel in Washington DC and seven nights for two in the Top Royal Suite at the Burj-Al-Arab in Dubai, the most prestigious and fourth tallest hotel in the world. First class airfare is provided for both trips.

Publisher Deep Silver is also tossing in a shopping spree with a personal shopper, a Toyota Prius with one year of insurance for when you don’t feel like driving the Lambo, capsule wardrobe, and if you aren’t happy with your looks, plastic surgery.

Just for fun, if you could pick any one perk from the list, which would you choose?

wastedkill said:

Talk about being stupidly desperate!... the perks look like their real but can we actually believe they are without proof? haven't checked but I don't think its for real life sounds more like in-game perks.

Next we will see a saints row edition for $10 million then next is $1 billion when will it end :/

Puiu Puiu said:

All except the plastic surgery. awesome limited edition

1 person liked this | RH00D RH00D said:

Why wouldn't it be real? Deep Silver is a legitimate company and nearly all of the activities and products they're offering in this package can be purchased by any random person on their own. They're more or less just acting like a middle-man, facilitating the purchase of all of it then marketing it as the ultimate Saints Row-like experience and making some profit off it in the process. Not implying that's a bad thing, I think it's a pretty genius idea myself.

Even if they don't sell a single copy of this bundle, they haven't lost anything and still got free publicity for their game in the process.

On a side-note, I could totally see someone like Kim Dotcom buying this...

Come, come, of course would be the full-sized Dubstep Gun

slh28 slh28, TechSpot Paladin, said:

Would've been better if they gave away as a $1m prize.

bexwhitt said:

On a side-note, I could totally see someone like Kim Dotcom buying this...

As that tub of lard is doing his damnedest to stay out of the USA, I can't

1 person liked this | ikesmasher said:

Flight to space is worth that alone...

Xclusiveitalian Xclusiveitalian said:

This is so strange, and since it's only for the rich I appose it.

3 people like this | Benny26 Benny26, TechSpot Paladin, said:

I'll take the space flight with the virgin.

......Oh, right.

RH00D RH00D said:

This is so strange, and since it's only for the rich I appose it.

This comment is so dumb it's ridiculous. How do you even define "rich"? That is very relative. To people in third-world countries, you'd have to be "rich" to afford Internet access. Do you now oppose Internet access, since in their eyes it's something only the "rich" can afford?

Do you oppose houses that cost $100K-$200K since to a lot of people in poor areas of the world its unfathomable for a family to spend that much on a house?

2 people like this | St1ckM4n St1ckM4n said:

Lombo and a Prius... HAHAHA!

And is it just me, or is $1mil cheap? Lambo, space flight, 7-nights Burj ... that'd rack up some serious cash.

misor misor said:

Meh...

if I'm interested in the game and have the money to burn, I'll just pre-purchase saints row: the fourth, then buy all the other things I want and NOT that whole package...

...like spending 10k to dine/chat with yahoo ceo

...like spending some cash to experience zero G.

...like spending more cash to go to the Earth's deep sea trenches.

Xtreme gamer said:

Yea sounds pretty cheap to me.

Best of all they organise it all for you. And you can just sit back and relax. Its Like the ultimate holiday and shopping package.

Great publicity for them. Is this a Guinness world record maybe?

cliffordcooley cliffordcooley, TechSpot Paladin, said:

100K-200K home - Let me think on this for a minute. Yeah, bad example! An example of a need compared to a desire. The Internet example though in my opinion was a good one.

• 100-200 Thousand (Is common for a home even in the most remote locations) vs 1 Million (Is 1 Million common for this type of service)
  • Home (people have to stay somewhere) vs Saints Row (Does anyone need it, I'd say no since there is only 1 being created)
Adhmuz Adhmuz, TechSpot Paladin, said:

They almost had me at plastic surgery... Seriously, thats just creepy that they include it, but the super nerd who buys this might need some super plastic surgery? Just one big publicity stunt I suppose. I also like the people looking at this and saying its good value, yeah you go ahead and consider it.

Xtreme gamer said:

If I just won the lottery. This would be a good start. LOL!

Skidmarksdeluxe Skidmarksdeluxe said:

I'll take the space flight with the virgin.

......Oh, right.

Will that virgin still be unsullied upon splash down, or landing?

1 person liked this | Skidmarksdeluxe Skidmarksdeluxe said:

If they drop the 6 zero's, I'll be happy with the game only.

This is too expensive!

Even if you add another 100k, because Lamborghini & Prius can be more expensive, surgery including it will still be at 750k! 250k goes right into CEO pocket, I assume.

1 person liked this | Skidmarksdeluxe Skidmarksdeluxe said:

Lombo and a Prius... HAHAHA!

Not to mention frequent flyer points.

2 people like this | Guest said:

What?

You know 3rd world countries right. Where they don't have enough food and water to survive, and the average person makes $0 a year. Yes. To them having the internet is something for the rich. It's the same comparison as you to a millionaire. That's what that guy was getting at.

To someone with a multi-billion dollar bankroll, $1m is pocket change in comparison. His point was that "rich" is a relative judgement.

I would buy this edition...if there was no tax added. :-(

OMG, le awesome.

This is GrEAT publicity. I might even buy the regular game even though would never have thought about it. Saints Row is such a stupid name.

The third outing was pretty good and concentrated on fun with slightly better morals than GTA (?) ha ha.

But this stunt is just plain stupid rather put extra effort in making your title enjoyable for your customers.

There have been so many titles wherewo they paid some "famous person" extra money for their voice work or to digitise their rear end only for the title to be a total flop.