OpenBoards upgraded to 3.5

After (not too) much thought, I found that the Sell & Trade section is a no go for us. In a short period of time I found that even those people that wanted it open were unable to follow the rules as instructed, I can't begin to imagine how that would turn with even more people posting, having to be moderated (so more work for you guys and me), not to mention the chances of trolling, and so on.

Before it was too late, that section was better left closed. It should be no big deal either considering the number of other forums which already have such a section well established. In the other hand, the tutorials and user-written reviews are good initiatives that have a greater chance of short and long-term success.

Finally, thanks to everyone for your help troubleshooting IntelliTXT. I will appreciate that those of you that have not posted your location (country will suffice) can let me know that information. Also if you can try visiting more TS pages besides the forums, for example:

https://www.techspot.com/review/3-ocz_ddr_pc3200_special_ops_edition/

and

https://www.techspot.com/news/22216-intel-core-2-duo-and-extreme-processors-are-here.html

Thanks again!

To put some perspective on the sale forum....

Many members didnt and dont even know that the forum was running for a trial period!

You should give it a couple of months atleast. Its not as if your gonna get 100s of transactions in a week straight away.

The problem was not number, the problem was enforcing rules and having someone with enough time on its hands to moderate it or simply dedicate to it until it grows enough that it can run out of members own cooperation alone.

The gallery is now back (working on the vb integration still). Anything else you find missing?

Would it be possible to change the intellitext links to Blue Julio, at least on the forum index anyway - at the moment they are all in red, and it seems they tend to be focused on the top of the page rather than throughout it, and it doesn't really look all that great. A quick change to blue on the forum index would make it look far far more attractive.

Just an idea (weren't they blue before?) :)

Julio, i dont think you are being fair to the "for sale" section. I know that i was the first to post there, if i recall, and i made a very small mistake and forgot to put US. Its because i am wasnt used to this new section. In a bit of time one would get familiar and not make small mistakes.
I offered to moderate that section and there are plenty of others who would do so if you asked.
I dont think you have been fair to that section to pull it down so fast.
If you want this particular forum to grow that was an opportunity you have taken away. Of course, im not that surprised, i could see you were basically against it from the start, lol. I laugh because i dont mean to sound mean, its your thing, do what you wanna do, i cant tell you, doodle oodle loodle do, who to sock it to.
Youre gonna lose one member, though, i am pi**ed.

Give me a few hours to resolve some other issues and IntelliTXT will be back in blue for registered members and orange only for guests.

nork said:
Of course, im not that surprised, i could see you were basically against it from the start, lol. I laugh because i dont mean to sound mean, its your thing, do what you wanna do, i cant tell you, doodle oodle loodle do, who to sock it to.
Youre gonna lose one member, though, i am pi**ed.
Well for years and years its been brought up, and we have always decided against it. Just so happens we have enough newer members now that wanted to see it, this time it was enough people to go against the decisions made in the past.

Quick Links - Unanswered Threads?

What happened to that feature? That was a great feature to have.

JMMD said:
What happened to that feature? That was a great feature to have.

It`s seems to have disappeared.

Whether this is intentional or not I don`t know.

I`m sure Julio will let you know.

As you can see, I have merged your thread with this one.

Regards Howard :)

If I might add, there's a missing feature on the web links. We could put a name instead of the URL, and now we can only put the URL, no more.

This is just a comment though :)

wolfram said:
If I might add, there's a missing feature on the web links. We could put a name instead of the URL, and now we can only put the URL, no more.
I'm not sure I'm following you, what web links are those that you are talking?

I think wolfram is talking about the new hyperlink button in the reply window.

I must confess it had me a little confused for a few minutes.

wolfram.

When in the reply window click on the insert link button and paste or type the url you wish to use and click ok. You will notice a section of the url is highlighted. Tap your left arrow key and you will see a flashing cursor. This is where you type the name you wish to use for the link.

Easier than that, just write whatever you want to post, then highlight with your mouse what you want linked and click on the button. The hyperlink will be added to the text you selected.

howard_hopkinso said:
I think wolfram is talking about the new hyperlink button in the reply window.

I must confess it had me a little confused for a few minutes.

wolfram.

When in the reply window click on the insert link button and paste or type the url you wish to use and click ok. You will notice a section of the url is highlighted. Tap your left arrow key and you will see a flashing cursor. This is where you type the name you wish to use for the link.

Thank you a lot for the advice. It's a little harder to do, but no problem. :)
The main problem is that I'm VERY VERY lazy :haha:

Due to an user request you can now quick reply without clicking any post beforehand. I had forgot this is an option available in vB 3.5, and well it's much more practical especially for us that do not use threaded views.

well we lost a couple of forums, but I don't think the buy/sell forum was taking off anyway... no real loss.

Back