ntfs.sys PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGE AREA bluescreen

Status
Not open for further replies.
guys, i think i might have found the problem...

i decided to reseat my ram and dust out the system. fine. so i reseated the ram to different positions, still was getting the BSODs. okay, so maybe it's a bad stick, right? so i pull one... leaving one in the middle slot...

BINGO. no crashes.

so i tried moving it around to the other two slots... crashola.

then i tried the other stick of ram... SAME RESULTS!

kids, it sounds like i might have bad ram slots... what do you think?

I think it`s more than possible for you to have faulty dimm slots.

If you get a can of compressed air. Try blowing out any dust that may have fallen into the dimm slots.

Also, take a look at your mobo manual, for the ram configuration instructions.

Regards Howard :) :)

Hello this is my first post here.

Maybe someone can help me out, I have been getting random Blue Screens today and they have said page fault in nonpage area and ntfs.sys sometimes and from reading what was said I reseated my RAM in another slot and it didn't really do much (havent seen a ntfs.sys blue screen yet).

I don't really know if this will help also but I sometimes have my computer start beeping alot and my mouse moves into the top left corner and flashes forcing me to reboot.

Anyway here is my 4 minidumps I have gotten, I thank any of you that can help me out.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    77.5 KB · Views: 7
Same Problem!

i've just bought a laptop mfrom dell, and only had it a few weeks, and i keep getting the "page fault in nonpage area" message. and aswell, my mouse keeps jumping just like some of the other guys. i've attached all 7 of my minidumps, any help you could give me would be appreciated, because this is getting REALLY annoying now! cheers!

Hi everyone, my PC just crashed on me while it's completing the winXP SP2 installation with the same BSOD like so many of u had.

Am taking CPC's advise in cleaning up the dust and swapping the RAMs after my post. But I am not hopeful. I have been plagued with this disease of BSOD for the past year and finally someone pointed me to this forum for HELP.

Before someone screams read the stickies, I would like to know if the minidumps at c:\windows\minidump are legible text or are they supposed to be weird character files??? Cos I just opened one of mine in Notepad and it looks gibberish. The purpose of asking is to ensure that I do attached the correct files IF ever I need to.

Cheers
tay hwah
:hotbounce

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

tayhwah said:
Hi everyone, my PC just crashed on me while it's completing the winXP SP2 installation with the same BSOD like so many of u had.

Am taking CPC's advise in cleaning up the dust and swapping the RAMs after my post. But I am not hopeful. I have been plagued with this disease of BSOD for the past year and finally someone pointed me to this forum for HELP.

Before someone screams read the stickies, I would like to know if the minidumps at c:\windows\minidump are legible text or are they supposed to be weird character files??? Cos I just opened one of mine in Notepad and it looks gibberish. The purpose of asking is to ensure that I do attached the correct files IF ever I need to.

Cheers
tay hwah
:hotbounce

When you open minidump files in notepad it is just gibberish. You need to open the minidumps with the windbg programme which is part of the Windows debugging tools.

If you wish to look at your minidumps, then take a look at this quick tutorial HERE

Zip 5 or 6 minidumps up and attach them here.

Someone will take a look at them, and advise.

Alright, now that Howard has shown me the way, I do seek all ur help in resolving my problems. Just when I was preparing to upload my files, my system crashed on a BSOD with NTFS.sys again.

Cheers
Tay Hwah
:monkey:

tayhwah said:
Alright, now that Howard has shown me the way, I do seek all ur help in resolving my problems. Just when I was preparing to upload my files, my system crashed on a BSOD with NTFS.sys again.

Cheers
Tay Hwah
:monkey:

Some of your minidumps crash at SAVRT.SYS

This is the driver for your Symantec internet security.

Check with the manufacturers website for any updates, or patches.

You could also try turning off the live update feature, as I have been informed that this can sometimes solve the problem.

Try uninstalling, and reinstalling the software.

If that doesn`t work, then try a different security product.

BTW I apologise for taking so long to answer you.

Regards Howard :)

hey guys, just joined when I saw all the posts for my same problem. PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA along with random restarts. I've tested the RAM with memtest and it can through for more than 1.5 hours. The only kicker was that my box went through a serious power surge from a lightening strike very close to my house. It was dead untill I replaced the motherboard(I always replaced the PS) but now I am getting the problem above. I have attacted the most recent minidump, hopefully you can help me out.

Thanks!

howard_hopkinso said:
Some of your minidumps crash at SAVRT.SYS

This is the driver for your Symantec internet security.

BTW I apologise for taking so long to answer you.

Thanks for the reply Howard. Really appreciate it. Sorry I din reply sooner, was away from Singapore during the weekend. As it works out, my motherboard was diagnosed with a faulty RAM slot 1 and 3. So I went ahead with a new motherboard and now, keeping my fingers crossed, am not having much BSOD as before. However, I do notice that Symantec AV stopped installing when I first started. Would go on to change from this free copy and get Trend Micro soon. Thanks again Howard.

Cheers
Tay Hwah
:chef:

tayhwah said:
Thanks for the reply Howard. Really appreciate it. Sorry I din reply sooner, was away from Singapore during the weekend. As it works out, my motherboard was diagnosed with a faulty RAM slot 1 and 3. So I went ahead with a new motherboard and now, keeping my fingers crossed, am not having much BSOD as before. However, I do notice that Symantec AV stopped installing when I first started. Would go on to change from this free copy and get Trend Micro soon. Thanks again Howard.

Cheers
Tay Hwah
:chef:

If I may make a suggestion.

Rather than using the Trend micro programme.

Why don`t you give these a try, they are both free, and come highly recommended.

AVG free antivirus available from HERE

Sygate personal firewall available from HERE

Download both of the above, then disconnect from the internet.
Uninstall the Symantec programme first, and reboot your computer.

Install the Sygate firewall, and reboot, then the AVG programme, and reboot.

Reconnect to the internet and check for updates for both programmes.

If you don`t like either of the above programmes, you can always uninstall them.

Related .dmp file

I have a similar issue with the ntfs.sys file. I've attached my .dmp file and would appreciate any help trying to decipher it......

Thank you!

Jason

Hello and welocme to Techspot.

Please would you start a new thread in the Windows OS forum?

This is because this thread has far too many pages.

As soon as you do that I will take a look at your mindumps right away.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

I`ve just taken a quick look at your minidump.

Unfortunately I can`t read it. This is because I am using a Windows XP machine, and your minidump is from a Windows 2000 sp3 machine.

Go HERE and follow this quick tutorial.

You can then copy and paste the results of your minidump in your new thread.

Hi,

Please note that one thread for a new problem. Open a new thread and experts in this forum will help you.

chrisw5f2k

I've been experiencing the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGE_AREA problem on a blue screen. Subsequently, my computer crashes and then restarts and begins the problem all over again. I was reading some of the posts relating to this issue, but I am unsure of the steps that are necessary to return my computer back to its normal operating conditions. Your attention to this matter would be greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back