Radeon X800 XT, When?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDoMM

Ive decided after reading dozens of reviews to go for the ATI chip, its smaller, lighter, draws less power, is cheaper, a LOT cheaper, and for only a little bit less powerful than the GeForce 6, i think its going to be more popular.

1 quick question, all of these companies are going to manufacture the X800 Pro/XT onto their own board.

ASUS
Connect3D
GIGABYTE
MSI Computer Corp.
Sapphire Technology
PowerColor

I have preference towards the ASUS Model

But when will they be ready to buy? This week? Nexx Week? Next Month? 3 Months? I have this money burning a hole in my pocket, and it must be sent asap

Here in the US, Best Buy has a estimated shipping date of 6/15-6/21/2004 on the X800XT Platinum Edition, and 5/24-6/2/2004, on the X800 Pro, $500 and $400. But you know how these things usually go.

cya later, im off to work, when i get home, i have a nice picture to post up regarding Half Life, watch this space...........:)

Originally posted by Didou
I think the X800 Pro might turn out to be soft-moddable to a XT a bit like a 9800se can turn into an XT. There's a 50/50 chance that you might get it working & if you're not scared to loose your latest hardware investment, it's always worth a shot.;)

RADEON X800 PRO into RADEON X800 XT Modification Under Question @ Xbitlabs.com

I'd read something about the chip having some Athlon type laser cut bridges that being connected up to be the same as the XT version might enable the other 4 pipelines. I think I'll be happy enough with my X800 Pro overclocked rather than chancing destroying £297 worth of brand new graphics card :D

....or just dont live a lie and buy yourself the fastest card to begin with, i cant believe people are thinking about overclocking (or raping, as i like to call it) this brand new piece of work, just let it be, give it a kind caring home, and feed it regularly, dont overclock it or it will turn nasty :)

Originally posted by (=DoM=)
....or just dont live a lie and buy yourself the fastest card to begin with, i cant believe people are thinking about overclocking (or raping, as i like to call it) this brand new piece of work, just let it be, give it a kind caring home, and feed it regularly, dont overclock it or it will turn nasty :)

Haven't had a problem with my Sapphire 9800 running 385/338. Thats Pro speeds on the cheap. I don't try extreme overclocking but if it can do it without breaking sweat I won't be saying no to the extra performance.

Arris, i have only one thing to say to that...

norwoo.gif

Personally DOM i would go with the Sapphire card - i have not had a great deal of experiance with ATi cards, so dont quote me, but i have not heard anything bad about sapphire - and they have always worked fine for me.

Steg

Arris, i have only one thing to say to that...

Ok whatever :rolleyes:
Just sharing my limited experience with overclocking video cards with anyone that might be reading this thread and think that it always "turns nasty".

lol, i was only joking mate, i just saw that gif on b3ta and found it hilarious, reminds me of my mum, So i spam it everywhere now.

Thx for the advice Steg, ill take that into account, ill AVOID MSI like the plague, they make horrible graphics cards, i had 4 RMA's for my old Ti4600, so ill not get one from them, PowerColor are pretty established now, ill have a look at the,, ASUS imo will prolly offer me the best quality chip, but tend to be expensive, and then theres an ATI thoroughbred, Gigabyte and Connect3D.

We'll soon see the kinda prices were talking about, everywhere ive looked they say;

X800 Pro = $399
X800 XT = $499

$499 translates into roughly £350, but with me living in rip-off UK, that will prolly go upto £400, so in effect i will prolly have to spend $50 more for it than you US guys, if i was to import one ill have to wait weeks and the shipping will cost quite a lot, we'll see how it goes. and again.......

norwoo.gif

So far most X800 Pro cards I've seen listed are around the £300 mark. And XTs are listing initially now around £350 - £375 so it might not be sold for as inflated a price as we are used to :D

Groovy, bout time we werent getting ripped off for prices, Ill prolly order from Kustom.co.uk, they own

Groovy, bout time we werent getting ripped off for prices, Ill prolly order from Kustom.co.uk, they own

Just started reading and posting at the kustompcs forums since its a scottish company :D
They have the Connect3d X800 Pro in stock for £307 but aren't listing XTs yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back