DVD Audio Vibration

Status
Not open for further replies.

sol1109

During playback of DVD's the sound has a digital distortion like talking through a fan, (chopped). This happens with store bought and recorded DVD's. Any video file on the hard drive is OK. I have tried several different players. I have attached a zip of a Wave file.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP45C-UD3R
uP: Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale 3.16GHz
Video Card: Gigabyte GV-R485OC-1GH
Drive: Western Digital WD5000AAKS 500GB
Adio: On-Board

Just to check, I downloaded the zip file but it unpacked just fine for me. I only used the Windows XP built-in unzip utility.

@sol1109, when you say you've tried several players, are you talking about software players? It sounds like something is wrong with the optical drive in reading the DVD. You could try uninstalling the drive in the Device Manager and let Windows reinstall it upon reboot. If that doesn't work, I would try a different DVD drive if you have access to one.

BTW, is this a DVD of an IRL race?

The drive is a Lite-ON LH-20A1H. I do not currently have a second DVD drive. Could there be any issue with the audio extraction being through the data cable instead of using the dedicated audio output? Since I do not have a sound card but use motherboard processing does processor load affect audio quality? I would think this setup is powerful enough to avoid such a problem but it is worth asking.

The audio was from a camping word truck race I recorded while out.

You didn't say how much RAM you have but it shouldn't be a problem with your specs. There might be something wrong with the DVD drive. Not having the analog audio cable plugged in should not be a problem with Windows XP.

I should have realized that Max Papis races trucks now.

RAM - 2GB Crucial CT2KIT12864AA667 DDR2

Burning a DVD at the moment and discovered that all the windows sounds have that same distortion now. They are not running through the DVD drive! Starting to sound like the processor load is the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back