0x1000007E And more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright. I've had a Gateway PC for about 8 months, first off, I hadn't researched into Gateway's lack of quality or even ability to construct PCs, I had always built my own. So now, 8 months later, I've learned alot, and it's done nothing but frustrate me. My Current specs are---

AMD Athalon(TM) 64x2 Duel Core Processor 4200+
2.21GHz, 2.00 GM of RAM
200 Gig SATA II Hard Drive
Geforce 7300LE with Turbocache
Windows XP Professional SP2 (fully updated)

Now, with that said. My problem consists of random BSOD's, I've had this occur since the day I bought it, and I've unfortunatly never sucked up my pride and asked for direct help from the public untill now. These BSOD's occure randomly, and in a Variety of ways. 0x1000007E is a fun one, I've misc 08E's, 0CE's, and so on and so on. I'm unsure what it will be. I've Debugged, I've asked professionals, I've even gone so far as looking for problems myself. These BSOD's generally happen while loading a game, mostly World Of Warcraft, however, it has happend randomly without that game on, or any other PC game for that matter. I've tried switching out my two 1 gig RAM sticks and putting them in various slots and combinations without improvement. I've been unable to determine what is causing these crashes. I've been told it could be Hard Drive, Video Card, RAM, Mobo, Dirty Power and my PSU. It's more then frustrating to deal with this after 8 months. I'v formatted countless times, not quick format either, complete Partition deletion. Anyway, Thank you to any help in advance, and I apologize for the long run-on sentence.

I also would like to note, I have also on occasion, World of Warcraft has Frozen, and when exited, I would attempt to use the game once again, only to have the error pop up "Unable to start 3D Acceloration" I'm unaware of if this could be a hint to the problem, currently I'm leaning tward a video-card problem, or possibly a RAM problem, though, I want to be sure before I start shelling out the cash.---Again, thanks in advance.

Are you overclocked? What temp is your CPU set to cut out at? Not sure this is even close to your problem, but its worth a check.

My Current Temps

Smart Fan Control Enabled
CPU Temp 43C
System Temp 32C
VCCP 1.30V
5V 5.04-5.07V
12v 11.84V-11.90V
VCO 3.24
CPU Fan 1047 RPM
System Fan 0RPM

The System Fan scares me. I'm unsure of how important it actually is, but I'm a bit of a BIOS noob, so I'm not entirly sure if it's as horrifying as it sounds.

Your power supply probably isn't giving enough juice to power the system. Tell us the brand, number of watts, and number of A on the 12v rail. If you don't know how to find this information, take a picture of the PSU sticker, upload it so photobucket or imageshack or something like that, and post it here.

Alright, I havn't checked my PSU yet, but there is something I have tried in which may solve the problems. Gateway being Gateway, had a horrible website I couldn't navigate all that well a month or two ago. I re-checked on it, and was able to update five drivers I previously couldn't find. One being a BIOS Driver and another being an Nforce driver. I'm currently running normally, and if a BSOD pops I'll be sure to notify everyone. I've been told that it's possible Gateway runs off a custom Nforce driver, and that it not being updated may have caused the problems. If that's so, yippie. If not, You'll hear from me again soon.

Just my luck. Find something useful, and it still fails. Got a BSOD, this one was 0x000000c2 BAD_POOL_CALLER. I'll check my PSU in a few moments. Update you when I get all that.

PS: I also wasn't able to find the BIOS program you mentiond, if you can give a relitive map to where I'd find it, I'd appreciate it.
-----Addition-----
Model: ATX300-12EB3
Input 100v-127v-8A 50/60HZ
Output +12VA = / 18A+12VB= / 18A
300WMAX+ 5V =/ 125A-12V =/ 0.8A
+3.3V=/125A+SV5B=/12A
+5v&3.3V 18WMAX+5V&A2VB+3.3V 288W MAX
12V 8 & 112 VB 22A MAX

Thats what was on the side of my PSU. Hopefully it helps.

you can access the bios when you first power on the computer and repeatedly hitting either f2 or del key depending on the system.

I am going to start by saying replace that PSU as any Gateway PC has a bad one and the specs. u noted do not even look like they would start to run a decent computer.

download M$ programmer diagnostic tools to check your minidump files.

It's free from M$.

google how to check minidumps.

Waiting on a couple things at the moment, but as soon as I can get an extra PSU to test, I'll update on that. As for the minidumps, I've had somone do that for me several times. And it says there's multiple things wrong, from Video Card to RAM, I severely doubted they were correct, but I also really hope it's not multiple hardware :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back