1 gig iLogic USB drive not recognized by computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend dropped my USB drive and now none of my computers see it at all (two Windows XP's and one Windows 2000). I've dropped flash drives before, and figured that I may have knocked something off the circuit board. So, I took it apart and everything appears to be fine.

Now, after it was dropped, it stopped working--so, that is probably what created the problem. But, what I'm trying to find out is this: if nothing was broken on the circuit board, why would it stop working?

If anybody has any advice they could offer me (and/or any recommendations for reasonably priced USB data recovery software), I would much appreciate it.

im having a similar problem.. i took my USB key to work this morning to get some files and bring them home.. but it wasnt recognized by any of the computers... then i came home and moved my harddrive from my laptop to my roommates computer to transfer some files but then it was not recognized there. ( it was working minutes b4 on my own laptop). came back to my laptop and now my USB flash driver and my external harddrive are not recognized...makes me think they have got damaged some how but its could be a software thing too.. hope someone with some knowledge can help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back