24" monitor or 28"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joytime360

Do any of you have any experience with a 28" monitor, the largest monitor I have seen is 24". My sister is thinking of selling her old 19" samsung and add some more money to get a bigger one. She intend to buy the samsung 245BW. But she is now thinking of the Viewsonic Vx2835wm 28" , with 3ms looks nice. Do you think this will be a worh while try???

Personally, I wouldn't want to sit in front of a 28" monitor. If she wants it and has the money to shell out, go for it...

28" man that is a tv. Who wants to be looking at something that large from such a short distance. Personally I would of only as high as 22"

kpo6969 said:
2.The 28" Viewsonic looks to be vega only, no dvi[/url]
Nobody in their right mind would release something bigger than 19" with nothing but an analog connection (Viewsonic vx2835 specifications).

I use a 24" myself at work & have gotten accustomed to it, so much in fact that my 20" at home feels small & hard to work with. The good thing about the Viewsonic 28" screen is that it has the same resolution as most 24" screens so it means the pitch is much bigger, making it easier on the eyes if you work with a lot of text.

A good word of advice is to look up the screen on some forums for feedback from people that have bought it & are using it. See if the screen's backlight homogeneity is good as it can be tricky on very large screens. Color calibration is also a very good thing to look for.

As for the Viewsonic brand they have a very good dead pixel policy so you can safely purchase from them if the monitor fits your needs.

" My sister is thinking of selling her old 19" samsung and add some more money to get a bigger one"...

Is your sister legally blind? If she isn't, she soon will be, using a 28 inch monitor from 2 feet away... I use a Samsung 245BW (24 inch) on it's highest resolution 1920x1200 and I can see everything fine. I had to turn the brightness way down so I didn't have to wear sunglasses! There's no reason to go any bigger with a PC monitor. It does make a great TV though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back