3000+ reported as 2.16GHz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ollie30001

Whaaaa?

Hey, why does it say on my "NEW" computer that my CPU is 3000+, when under it, it says 2.16Ghz?

Its an AMD Athlon. if thats why, I heard they were supposed to be better the P4s?

Please put a bit of effort into spelling and sentence structure. Also, there is no need for excessive use of !'s and ...'s
I also changed the Topic to better suit the question.
Edited by StormBringer[/Size]

You are confusing the very similar symbols "+" and "MHz". Although easily confused, one must differentiate between them. MHz means the working frequency of the CPU whereas + is a speed index that is supposed to mean that this CPU is roughly as fast as a 3GHz Intel P4.

Oh cool.......really......didnt no that....i waz about to buy a Amd 2.5 cus i thught my CPU was a slow one.....but 3.0....wooohooooo

Also, note that AMD and Pentium chips excel under different application and taskloads. Depending on what you will be using the system for (gaming , digital audio, graphics design etc), you should read some independant benchmark tests of the AMD and Pentiums and make your decision based on those criteria...

***Intel has stated that they start naming their new chips using the convention style that AMD currently uses...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back