4.1 Speaker Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaker Problems

Hello. I am fairly new to the computer world. I recently bought a computer from Dell. The model is 4400. I really didn't like the speakers that they gave me so since I like to play a lot of games

I decided to buy surround sound speakers for my computer. The product and model name of the speakers is: Creative Inspire 4.1 4400. I went home and set up my speakers.

When I had them all arranged where I wanted them I tested them out and I found that my two rear speakers weren't working. I then checked all of the connections and I found out that I only have one line out port that I can connect into. So I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to turn my line in port into another line out port (without having to take apart my computer a whole bunch). Or if that can not be done could someone tell me of something I could buy that I could use to make my speakers work. Thanks.

There are two solutions for this problem:

The cheap fix: Buy a Y adapter(one male plug and two female plugs) and plug your two speaker lines into the one jack.(this is really a waste of the 4.1 surround sound speakers though)

The correct way: Buy a new sound card with setreo out, such as a Sound Blaster Live! or Audigy.

Even a Live! Value will work and they're really cheap. They're also NOT new. :mad:

LNCPapa

About how much would a new sound card cost?
My Dell came with a SoundMAX Digital Audio sound card. It sounds pretty good to me but I really don't know that much about computers.

Originally posted by LNCPapa
Even a Live! Value will work and they're really cheap. They're also NOT new. :mad:

LNCPapa

I meant NEW as in "to purchase something as a replacement"

I wasn't meaning NEW as in something just released.

Bouncer, I've seen the SB Live Value (OEM) for as low as $29.99 at some places online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back