430 watt power supply...

Status
Not open for further replies.

puffader

Is there a program out there that I can download that will tell me if im overwhelming my powersupply? I had my computer running goos, then suddenly as I start a game it restarts. I just added a SATA drive and a HD cooler to my power sorce and it ran good the night before, but then started the crashing again, so i suspect im overwhelming the Power, I also have 2 other hard drives but there the old not SATA, anyway im sure this is the problem but could use some advice as I have tweaked and checked just about everything else......

Depends on your gpu. What's your graphics card?? What other hardware are you running? What processor do you have? Need a little more specs before we can pass judgement.

Okay

Im running a pentium 925d
G-force 7800gs
X-fi extreme music
Maxtor 300gb Sata
Ecs p4m800pro-m (Sucks I know)
thermaltake 430w power sorce (everest says its running 11.65 volts)
ddr2 533 2gigs
1 sony cd rewritable crx 175r
1 sony dvd rewritable dru-510a
I can run the system for a while and it will crash, but when I run a game 1 minute and boom, I will get a new power sorce or motherboard, but id like to really know what the hell is wrong! thanks!

New PSU

sghiznaneck said:
You should up the psu to at LEAST a 550 watt dual rail. It's better to have more bang than not enough.

Okay I got a new psu, same maker and it siad it was dual core ready whatever that is, im now getting 11.78 to 12.1 volts reading on everest.

I still crash, everything is cool, all parts have been tested, removed, tried in different formats and it still crashes, can anyone please help me before I loose my mind, It probably is the MB but I think im not doing something right. I have 2 case fans, i HD cooler connected, 2 cd/dvd drives and the HD connected, arggggggg

Maybe its not related to the PSU, but to be sure make sure that the GFX card is getting enough power. Also get the latest drivers etc, check for spyware and all that jiz as if you were cleaning up your whole pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back