5.1 center not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuppycake

hey again,

i have another problem, i have 5.1 system - Logitech X-540, and my center is not working... i checked cables, if connected well, checked if volume is on... everything is ok... but there's no sound from it... well there's a little sound.. if i put it very close to my ears i only shhhhhhh.... i hope u know what i mean... is it dead? well center never worked since i bought it btw...

thanks for your help :)

try plugging it into something like an mp3 player and see if anything comes out, if it does then it's probably a pc problem and if it doesn't the speakers don't work :)

hey again, i tried many things, in the end i realised my center works... but never plays music or anything.... last time i played a game called Vietcong and my center works there... i tried the application i got with drivers too, center works there fine too.. but it dont work in winamp, bsplayer etc. etc. etc. anyone got any clue what could it be?

This is just a guess. Sounds like the programs you are using are playing stereo tracks, or if not that then you need to add a 5.1 decoder to those programs. The center will only come into play with surround sound tracks unless you use "Matrix Mode" on your speakers.

Cinders said:
This is just a guess. Sounds like the programs you are using are playing stereo tracks, or if not that then you need to add a 5.1 decoder to those programs. The center will only come into play with surround sound tracks unless you use "Matrix Mode" on your speakers.

i used the matrix mode and 5.1 works well now... well i have latest winamp and it doesnt wanna play 5.1... i guess i'll keep the matrix mode turned on all the time... it makes any difference?

go into control panel, sound and audio options, etc, a window will pop up with all your different sound options. Sometimes if your software for surround sound isnt syncronized with windows it wont work properly. From this point go into the advanced options, you might have to play around a bit. That's what I had to do to fix this same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back