5.1 Rear speakers not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a set of Logitech x-540 5.1 speakers and the rear ones refuse to work. I have an X-Fi Fatal1ty and all the drivers/software asociated with it are updated. There's nothing on logitech's site as far as software or anything that I could find to match these speakers. They are plugged in correctly. The speakers do work. When I switch the front (green) plug on my sound card to teh rear or center jack on the sound card while leaving it pluged in the front position on the subwoofer all the correct speakers work. It's almost as if the rear and center/sw jacks on the sub were put there by mistake because they seem to serve no purpose whatsoever. I have the software and windows configured to run 5.1 but the rear speakers refuse to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

to clarify, it's as if the Sound card is sending all the signals (front, rear, and center/sw) back to the speakers through the front channel.

re-wire your speaker system.make sure all your jacks/plugs
are pushed all the way in to the sockets.(at the back of your subwoofer
enclosure).

and use your soundcard as your sound playback
default device.

also check your settings on your soundcard's sound manager,
& ensure all sliders or adjusters (if any) of the front,rear,center.subwoofer
are pushed all the way up & nothing is muted under the controls or in any of the channels.

put a check on the "synchronize wtih control panel" tick box.

if your sound card's sound manager is equipped with a mixer software,
disable any sound effects ie : equalizer,reverb.

It's working now.

My Logitech speakers have a toggle button on the control pad to enable "matrix" and when It's enabled the rear speakers don't work. When in all other cases the matrix toggle enabled the rear speakers. I guess it's creating a conflict with the creative software but for whatever reason I don't know. TY for your help turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back