5.1 Speakers

I have a Realtek sound card and 5.1 speakers.

I had windows 7 until about month ago and everything worked perfectly. I had a Realtek "control panel", it contained functionality for the sound card, like adjusting speakers volume and choosing the speaker type.

Now I moved to windows 10 and this Realtek control panel is gone.

In addition, VLC and Chrome used to play sound using all the speakers and now in Windows 10 they play using only the 2 front speakers. It worked even for things that were 2.1. It just duplicated the audio to the rear speakers and some how made an audio through the center one. I dont know how, I didn't touch it for 4 years.

I read that the flash version might cause this problem but I installed the newest version (18.0).

I tried to remove the driver and install it again using the newest version from the Realtek website and it changed nothing. I did it multipule times. I only got in the device manager 2 devices of NVidia. I dont install them but they just keep coming. I uninstall them each time before installing the realtek driver.

In the audio panel in Windows I selected the 5.1 option and when I press test I can hear sound from all of the speakers. Yet, Chrome and VLC doesn't play through them.

In addition, some times I want to configure my speakers a message box pop up and say that the driver is causing problems and ask me if I want to disable it

What can I do to make it work on windows 10?

No format, just back up your music, pictures, and documents and follow the on-screen instructions to create a DVD and use this DVD over the present install

Back