5200FX > 5500FX & TV Wonder VE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloo Ice

Hi. I just upgraded my system from a 1.7GHz Celeron 128MB GeForce 5200FX to a Athlon 64 2800+ 256MB GeForce 5500FX. Anyway, with my 5200 I was able to clone my monitor to my TV, so when I'd play games it would be on my TV and monitor. However, I cannot do that now. What do I need to do?

Second, I have a ATI TV Wonder VE. I've had it for years, and it worked back when I had 98. Now that I have XP, it doesn't work. I've had XP for years, and it has NEVER worked with XP. I read that ATI MMC is crap, and from my experience, it is. I installed the drivers, and Movie Maker [just something to test with] can capture great quality. However, what software do you guys recommend that I use to watch TV?

Thanks!

you should be able to just open up your nividia control panel and adjust the settings. you have the s/video cable,. right? does the card have the same jacks as the old card?

That's the problem. I don't have the nVIdia control pannel. I have all the cables hooked up. I can see the BIOS and XP Boot screen on my TV. I can also "Extend my Windows desktop" onto my TV, but I don't see any point in that, seeing as how it just shows my wallpaper.

vnf4ultra said:
Don't you select "clone" to get the same thing on both displays?
Yes, but I don't have that option. That's where I need help. I used to go to Display Properties>Settings>Advanced and the nVidia tab. But that tab is no longer there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back