6600GT vs. 6800GT, big differnce?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamingguy27

There is a nice 6600GT i have seen for £150, but then to go up to a 6800GT its £250. Is the differnce worth the cash? Does it matter what make of 6600/6800 i get?

Thanks

Alex.

well

isatippy said:
go with the 6600gt

why would you say that? It is a matter of what you are going to be using the PC for. First off, both these cards are good performers. BUt the 6800 would be better for a gamer, there is no doubting that. Another thing to consider is the ram on the cards. Does the 6800 have gddr3? does the 6600 just have ddr? These types of thing are not ussualy the first thing that comes to mind, but i think they are important as well. As far as the difference, i think that they have different chips (well im almost sure) but how they differ...i kdont know, you will have to have an expert at the forums answer that :)

Sean

I have a bfg 6800gt

I also have a bfg tech GeForce4 mx 4000 128ddr
this can run the min vid req'mnts for most games.

The BFG GeForce 6800 GT OC is overclocked out-of-the-box and features a powerful 16-pipe superscalar GPU with 256MB of GDDR3 memory. The BFG
also has dual vid-analog & dvi...with enclosed adapt I can run dual monitors!
Gaming is incredible! :bounce:
Fastest vid card I've ever owned!
in my hummble opinion :angel:
as "AtK SpAdE" mentioned;
It is a matter of what you are going to be using the PC for.
G'luck!!

Gaming

I made my computer for gaming, but my 9600 is retricting almost all of my components. As i have a Amd64 3400+ a 9600 tends to slow things down, so if i were to upgrade to a 6800Gt is this a really good card? would i notice differnce between the 6600GT and the 6800GT?

And finally i have seen a nice Ati X800 XL, i know this can transfer more gp/sec than the 6800 but i dont know much about these things.

Thanks for the help.

Alex

I'd say you would notice the difference between the cards in high resolutions with antialiasing, the difference according to various reviews seems to be around 30% to 50%.

SOcRatEs said:
The BFG GeForce 6800 GT OC AGP supports NVIDIA® SLI™ multi-GPU technology in a AGP-based, SLI-ready system.
SLI is a PCI-e only feature. AGP cards/systems do not support SLI.

gamingguy27 said:
There is a nice 6600GT i have seen for £150, but then to go up to a 6800GT its £250. Is the differnce worth the cash? Does it matter what make of 6600/6800 i get?

Thanks

Alex.
I don't see how you could not see a difference with the 6800 GT over the 6600 GT if you can afford the extra cost. I've got a BFG 6800 GT OC, AMD 64 3500+, 1 gig of ram and I can run any game I've tried just fine. And another thing about a BFG card is the lifetime warranty. And they do honor it, as I've seen a couple of people in other forums that RMA'd there card an got a new one, and they didn't get the older model they RMA'd, they got the latest card of the same quality as a replacement.

Didou you are correct!

I went back to where I copied the info on my 6800 AGP.
It was on one of the cd's I got with it but not the driver/app install one.
On the bfg web site correct info is the PCI-E supports SLI not the AGP!
OOPS!
thank you for correcting me!
SOx :grinthumb

hey correct me if i am wrong but isnt the 6600 gt,the same core as the 6800/gt but more mainstream with slower clock speed and slower ram. so the decision is only price sensitive not what he plans to do with the card,'cause its a no brainer its for gaming cause both of them are designed and sold for the same kind of consumer.its just matters how much he has a budget for more $ more fps,simple as that.

& the 6600GT is limited to a 128-bit memory bus. 6800/6800GT/6800Ultra have a 256-bit memory bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back