8 step removal google redirect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been having problems with viruses and the google redirect problem, I had a couple fake antivirus's like windows police pro and the red X's that show up in the toolbar, also i would get tons of popups, i also couldnt open the task manager. I followed all the steps and it got rid of the red X's, fake antivirus, and popups. And i can open my task manager agian, but i still in counter the google redirect problem i currently have mcaphee (came with the laptop), ccleaner, malewarebytes, superantispyware, Avira, and Comodo, the redirects seem different since i installed the sofware from the 8 step thread but that may not be the case. Anyway i attatched the logs and was hoping u guys could help me fix the google redirect problem or any other problems that might still be on my laptop. Also this is a laptop from my dad's work so it may or may not be different than other pc's.

im not attatched to McAfee at all since its a piece of crap so i guess ill delete it, and i already installed Avira so ill just use that, but could u tell me y i should delete it, is it infected? Sorry im not that computer savvy compared to others, Thanks for ur help

ok so i remove McAphee and ran a scan with AVIRA it found a few things, but im still getting the google redirect. here is the avira log

since its a piece of crap
I agree

Now back to business

McAfee Removal Tool: http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe
(Download and run it ;))

Download Combofix
  • Download Combofix to your desktop.
  • Disable your Antivirus (as Combofix will remove any found malwares)
  • Double click ComboFix & follow the prompts.
  • A window will open with a warning.
  • When the scan completes it will open a text window. Please attach that log back here
Also restart and provide a fresh HJT Scan log

it came up with a error when i used the McAphee removal but maby thats because i already deleted the program folder manually and removed it from the add/remove program thing in the control panel, any way here are the logs

Please start Malwarebytes up again, then update it, then run another quick scan
There may be nothing found but for a few minute scan, its worth it.

You also have an entry for McAfee still in HJT, that the removal tool should have fixed:
O23 - Service: McAfee Framework Service (McAfeeFramework) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe (file missing)
The McAfee folder also still exists here: c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee
Please re-run the McAfee removal tool, (or Fix the entry in HJT, and delete that folder)

Looking at the large amount of infections that your computer has removed so far, it may also be wise to update both SUPERAntispyware and Avira and run the scans again (I would)

Then Restart

Un-install Combofix
  • Click START then RUN
  • Now type Combofix /uninstall in the runbox and click OK
  • Any popup errors about Antivirus just ok or close
Note: 1 space after ComboFix in that uninstall command

Uninstall SUPERAntispyware
Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > SUPERAntispyware > Uninstall

Update Java and remove older Java versions
Run JavaRa
This will remove all your old Java stuff (that is not required)
It will also help you check for new Java updates Runtime updates
Or just go here and auto check: http://java.com/en/download/installed.jsp?detect=jre&try=1

Download and run TFC http://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/TFC.exe
Your computer may need to Restart

Clear & Reset System Restore's Cache
Go to Start >> Run - type or copy/paste control sysdm.cpl,,4 and then press Enter
  • Tick on the checkbox - Turn off System Restore on all drives
  • Click Apply
Turn it back 'On' by unticking the same checkbox & click Apply, and then OK

Restart, and let me know how its performing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back