8 steps almost complete- search links redirected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I have issue where in I.e. and mozilla when searching in yahoo google etc and select results redirected.

I have tried to follow 8 steps. I am attaching logs for all but GMER. When I run GMER it runs for about 10 min then an error cvpnd.exe appears and locks computer. Also I started running the Malware and was doing full scan then aborted and then ran quick scan once before TFC and once after.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Attach.txt
    20.7 KB · Views: 1
  • DDS.txt
    18.7 KB · Views: 1
  • mbam-log-2010-06-16 (04-13-33).txt
    2.5 KB · Views: 1
  • mbam-log-2010-06-16 (04-26-54).txt
    891 bytes · Views: 0
  • mbam-log-2010-06-16 (04-49-51).txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 1
Jimmy, one of the malware infections can stead data and passwords. I recommend you change all of your passwords now and monitor any online financial transactions.

Please try one of the following to see if GMER will run:
1. Uncheck 'Devices' or
2. Run in Safe Mode.

I also note that you have both Avira and McAfee loading. You should have only one antivirus program, Please uninstall one of these. I notice that a driver or Server for VirusScan Enterprise 8.7i appears to be no longer in use. Have you changes the McAfee program?

After handing the above, please download ComboFix from Herehttps://www.techspot.com/downloads/5587-combofix.html and save to your Desktop.

• [1]. Do NOT rename Combofix unless instructed.
    [2].Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
    [3].Close any open browsers.
    [4]. Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts to run.
  • NOTE: Combofix will disconnect your machine from the Internet as soon as it starts. The connection is automatically restored before CF completes its run. If it does not, restart your computer to restore your connection.
    [5]. If Combofix asks you to install Recovery Console, please allow it.
    [6]. If Combofix asks you to update the program, always allow.
  • Please do not attempt to re-connect your machine back to the Internet until Combofix has completely finished.
    [7]. A report will be generated after the scan. Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt in next reply.
Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall.
Note: Make sure you re-enable your security programs, when you're done with Combofix..

Then Run Eset NOD32 Online AntiVirus Scanner HERE
  • Tick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use.
  • Click Start
  • When asked, allow the Active X control to install
  • Disable your current Antivirus software. You can usually do this with its Notification Tray icon near the clock.
  • Click Start
  • Make sure that the option "Remove found threats" is Unchecked, and the option "Scan unwanted applications" is checked
  • Click Scan
  • Wait for the scan to finish
  • Re-enable your Antivirus software.
  • A logfile is created and located at C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt. Please include this on your post.
I will be reviewing all of these logs while you do that. Please include the Combofix, Eset and GMER logs in your next reply.

It looks like you've had several crashes recently. Is there any problem with the internet connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back