A disc read error has occured. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluedemon186

I kept getting this msg everytime I turned on my computer. So I tried to reinstall windows XP on my computer and now I get the Blue screen of death once the setup starts. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

1. Can you boot to your desktop screen? If so, attach your minidumps to your next posting. They will provide information on what is causing your BSODs.

2. If you can get to your desktop run a harddrive diagnostics A.S.A.P. Your harddrive manufacturer such as Seagate, Western Digital, as well as others supply a free utility to run HD diagnostics.

Cant do anything

I cant do anything cause XP has been completely removed from my computer. Its giving me an error during the setup. Also, I tried to run a harddrive check up by going in to setup by Pressing F10 and it fails every time.

It sounds like a bad harddrive, but without knowing more it is only a guess. What is the make of your HD? Also, can you remember what the BSOD said by way of an error number? it would be a 0x followed by a bunch of zeroes ending in numbers or a number and letter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back