A routine BSOD occurrence

Hi!

ive been having bsod issues since I had this custom made pc. once the computer is turned on, after a few heavy processing applications or just after a few hours of idling time, the computer goes to bsod, but after a reboot, the systems works fine through the day, until its turned off for more then 10min.

so its like a daily routine, I read up alot of forums and such, but I cudnt muster enuf info. pls help if possible.

heres my system specs!

-CPU intel i7 950 @ 3.07 ghz 1336 lga
-MOBO asus rampage iii gene
-RAM ddr3 6gig
-GPU radeon hd 5870
-PSU Thermaltake litepower 700 model no:LP-700AL2NH

many thanks in adavance

Attachments

• minidump.zip
    92.2 KB · Views: 1
Okay, here is the reason I asked about if you overclocked:

Your errors are a mixture of 0x124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR and is described as "A fatal hardware error has occurred" and 0x9C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION. Honestly, I have never seen a mixture before like this with these two error codes. See below...

This error code and definition in Windows 7 has replaced the older XP code 0x9C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION and though it is older the definition still is applicable: This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

Honestly, this is a very difficult error to work with because as it says a clear diagnosis rarely comes forth and I have never seen a minidump with either error codes give a definitive answer. I know IT techs that don't like working with it. What makes it so difficult is that it can be any hardware in your system -- and I mean any. Your dumps simply cited hardware as the issue and nothing more definitive.

Here are some of the causes that were determined to be the source of 0x124/0x9C errors from posters here and abroad: NIC, DVD/CD drives, dust build up around the CPU that caused overheating of said CPU, bulging capacitors hidden by heatsink, video card, psu, motherboard, and external harddrive connected by USB.

See this link for things you can try: http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-lockup-debug-how/35349-stop-0x124-what-means-what-try.html

* I would certainly run Memtest on the memory. Also, find the voltage specs of your RAM and compare it to the voltage setting in your BIOS. Do they match? What about timings?

Back