A very bizzare problem with my Samsung DVD-Rom not able to boot disks nor is useable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there,

A little desperate at this point after trying some things and looking on the internet for answers, I decided to sign up to your forum. I couldn't find another example of this exact problem either, by the way.

So... my bios (on my Gigabyte x38-dq6 board) detects my Samsung 183L burner on the POST screen however, it just stalls when I set the bios to boot from CD-ROM. If I go through to Windows Vista, it detects the drive, installs the proper drivers and Nero DriveInfo can read all the attributes fine but when I put in a disk and click "open", it ejects and asks me to insert a disk!

Theres not much more to say. It just started doing this after I changed the location of some hard disks in my box (which shouldn't have changed anything).
I'm about to unplug all of my drives apart from the DVD and see how that goes.
Any ideas are greatly appreciated, thanks guys.

Also, I forgot to mention: I took my old IDE burner from my old machine and hooked it up (the Samsung is SATA). Believe it or not, it gave me the same problem! Is it a problem with my motherboard ? I highly doubt it's a setting in my bios since i've played with just about all of them.

wth...!

Hmmm, I just tried the second IDE drive and it's going now, as normal. Weird... the Samsung SATA drive still has the same problem... just won't read disks.

Is it worth flashing it back to the default bios ? (I upgraded it to the latest one after I got it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back