A way to jump from news to forum thread?

treeski

Is there an easy way to jump from a news article to its forum topic thread?

Also, off topic, but I tried to make this thread in Chrome but there was no textbox for the thread content.

I have wished this as well.

When I want to edit my comment or use the advanced editor and find myself in news, I then have to hunt and search for the article within the forum. Tends to be frustrating when you can only read the whole article in news (which is where RSS feeds send you) and don't have a link to the forum.

Excellent. Thanks for the info (y)
A suggestion to TechSpot... make this a little more obvious (or, find a way to implement forum threads below news articles).

Thanks Per, it's nice to know there is a link.

Seriously though, why would anyone think to look under subscription for a jump link, unless they already knew it existed? Couldn't links back to the forum be just as evident, as the links to reading the full article?

Just saying, either way I will live with the options available.

Or... you could have me add a more convenient (and obvious) "Jump to forum mode" link. Wait, it's already there. It's a miracle! :)
Thanks for your feedback. Hope this helps.

PS: We didn't have this before because of a backend limitation which we overcame when we moved to Xenforo a few months ago.

Wow I never realized that was there. I've been going the long way round all this time...

Nice one(y)

Or... you could have me add a more convenient (and obvious) "Jump to forum mode" link. Wait, it's already there. It's a miracle! :)
Thanks for your feedback. Hope this helps.

PS: We didn't have this before because of a backend limitation which we overcame when we moved to Xenforo a few months ago.

Brilliant! Thanks so much :)

Back