A7N8X-VM asus motherboard cant install any OS tried different hd's

Status
Not open for further replies.
my A7N8X-VM asus motherboard will not let me install any operating system ive tried different harddrives and it still wont work.

it was working fine then one day out of the blue when i turned the system on it said 'boot error enter system disk'

I formated the drive tried to install windows xp and after the initial setup and format it reboots strait back to the same screen instead of goin on to windows install.

i tried 98 it wont format any of the harddrives ive tried '6' of them.
its drivin me insane :knock: please help

Have the drives been showing up in the BIOS recognized correctly? Have you tried using boot disks? Are you installing XP Pro or Home? How are you formatting the drives? Are you doing a quicky, or did you do a full wipe (zero fill)? It sounds like you have a boot sector virus or something. I would reflash the BIOS. Then set it to fail safe defaults.

after the initial setup and format it reboots strait back to the same screen instead of goin on to windows install.

You aren't hitting any key to boot from CD after the initial boot are you? You only need to do that once. Otherwise it goes back to starting over.

I agree sounds to me your MBR is messed up .. Most harddrive utilities have a program on them to make a new MBR..

soughted it

blagged my college friend to let me try his harddrive out it was the same make as mine maxim it worked.all other 6 hd didnot.weird maybe the motherboard only like certain makes.or all the hd's were ****ed.

cheers 4 the help. :wave:

1 out of 7? That's freakin' weird. You can have a problem with 100 different reasons why it's happening. And then you fix it and it turns out to be the 101st! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back