A7V600 with AMD XP2500 restarting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
My computer is restarting randomly. well not restarting but the monitor goes black, keyboard locks up (numlock scroll lock caps lock are all stuck on their positions) and i have to restart manually. The heat of the CPU after a restart in bios is about 60 Degrees Celsius and in speedfan during normal usage between 50 and 55.
System Specs are:
AMD XP 2500
Asus A6V700 Motherboard
2x 256DDR ram

Can anyone help with this problem? Ive had it looked at a couple times but whenever the tech looks at it, it never restarts!!! I emailed him the problems later he said it could be heat, Mobo, Ram or CPU malfunction is there any diagnostic tool i can use to perform a diagnostic?
Thanks

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

It may well be a heat problem.

Have you tried cleaning your heatsink, fans etc with a little compressed air?

Also clean the fan/heatsink on your graphics card.

A build up of dust and debris can certainly cause heat problems.

You can also download Mother board monitor 5 (mbm5) and also CPUIDLE which will help to cool your cpu. You can get both these programmes from www.majorgeeks.com

Regards Howard

Ps you can also download Memtest86+ from www.memtest.org

This will test your RAM for errors.

Let it run for at least seven passes. :wave: :wave:

hey
I just ran the RAM test for 6 hours it did 12 passes, It found an error here are the details..

Test : 6
Pass : 6
Failing Address: 0001a48ec5c - 420.8 MB
Good : 00000800
Bad : 10000800
Err Bits : 10000000

Also i already have MBM 5 and it really doesnt do anything except show the heat?? or is there something i didnt see ill check out CPU IDLE now

krylon said:
hey
I just ran the RAM test for 6 hours it did 12 passes, It found an error here are the details..

Test : 6
Pass : 6
Failing Address: 0001a48ec5c - 420.8 MB
Good : 00000800
Bad : 10000800
Err Bits : 10000000

Also i already have MBM 5 and it really doesnt do anything except show the heat?? or is there something i didnt see ill check out CPU IDLE now
Can Anyone Help??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back