Ac97 digital signiture problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin997

hey,

i have recently installed windows 2k with sp4, but am having a problem with installing an ac97 sound driver. Halfway through install i get a message saying 'digital signiture not found', i have the option of clicking next to continue. A few seconds later the pc restarts, and the installation fails to complete successfuly because of that problem. i dont have xp so can't install that by the way.

any helpful solotions most welcome!!!

Are you sure that this is because of the digital signature? Where did you get the driver from? How do you know that it is the correct driver for your motherboard?

i presume so, as halfway through installing a message comes up saying 'digital signal not found', the install tries to continue, but reboots after a few seconds for some reason!

The signature error is totally irrelevant. It onlymeans that the driver maker did not spend a fortune trying to get the driver certified by Microsoft.

So you don't really know that it is the right driver. Please, go to the downloads website of your motherboard or computer maker and download the correct driver from there.

right, but the thing is it comes up with that digital signiture meggage, continues installation, but for some reason restarts and the installation fails.

Well, right after Windows starts, it comes up with a Microsoft copyright message. Therefore every conceivable problem you get is because of the copyright! :p

erm, dude, my win 2k is perfectly legit thanks!!!,
i have bought a sound card and the problem is now resolved
cheers for ure help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back