access denied

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

It would have been helpful if you had mentioned what OS you're running and whether you have administrative privledges. Also, is it possible that you encrypted the files? Just trying to cover every base.

This is because it is being used by "another person or program". Try ending the program that created it, assuming you didn't do it manually. I can see that it is in all users folder, so make sure that no other user has logged onto the computer that might be accessing the file at the time of attempted deletion.

Also, try using tskmgr to end the "explorer.exe" process then try running the command prompt form taskmanager (new task > cmd.exe) then try deleteing it. You can always restart explorer.exe afterwards.

Also...... can you m,ove the file? If so then Delete the folder that you move it to. If you cannot ove it then try backing up the contents of that folder and then try deleting the "documents" folder

Also... (yes I have many iseas!).... try booting into safe mode and then try deleting it and all of the above.

Finally, if all else fails, use this tool

Hope this helps!

Oh and esotericx10, if you had clicked the link to the pictuer, you would be able to read the command prompt that told you where it was located, and from the full path you can tell that it is a Windows OS.

I have tried all of the above but to no avail.

To answer a couple of previous questions -
I am using XP Home SP2
there are no other users accounts on this PC - there used to be 3 but all have since been deleted. The Guest account is off.

see the result of my las attempt.
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r249/Peerob/filedel.jpg

Safe mode mkes no difference
neither of the 2 file deletion programmes work on these 2 files
I did as was suggested ie end explorer.exe and try to delete from cmd prompt but still the same - accessis denied.

I know that, but if Peerob actually types out the full filepaths, I can copy them into a programme that might just delete them for him. I can`t copy and paste from a jpeg lol.

Regards Howard :)

Can't you type. If you are that lazy, then you can just C+P this

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\doc01.txt

Yes of course I can type. I suggest you lose the attitude problem. I`m not lazy and the amount of help I give around here proves that.

Peerob: Please do the following.

1. Please download The Avenger by Swandog46 from HERE. Save it to your Desktop and extract it.

2. Download the attached avengerscript.txt and save it to your desktop

Note: the above code was created specifically for this user. If you are not this user, do NOT follow these directions as they could damage the workings of your system.

3. Now, start The Avenger program by double clicking on its icon on your desktop.

Under "Script file to execute" choose "Load script from file".
Now click on the folder icon which will open a new window titled "open Script File"
navigate to the file you have just downloaded, click on it and press open
Now click on the Green Light to begin execution of the script
Answer "Yes" twice when prompted.

4. The Avenger will automatically do the following:

It will Restart your computer. ( In cases where the code to execute contains "Drivers to Unload", The Avenger will actually restart your system twice.)
On reboot, it will briefly open a black command window on your desktop, this is normal.
After the restart, it creates a log file that should open with the results of Avenger’s actions. This log file will be located at C:\avenger.txt
The Avenger will also have backed up all the files, etc., that you asked it to delete, and will have zipped them and moved the zip archives to C:\avenger\backup.zip.

5. Please attach the content of c:\avenger.txt into your reply.

Peerob: Try the Avenger programme I gave instructions for.

Sjbrand99: The reason I chose the Avenger programme to do the job, is because it works at the kernel level and therefore has a better chance of deleting those files than HJT of Killbox etc. If the Avenger fails to delete them, then I`m stumped.

result!

Howard - I love you!
you are a genius!!

Thanks very much - I dont know exactly what you did but it has worked

I appreciate your effor and thanks for your time!

Attachments

• avenger.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 5
No worries mate, I`m glad I could help.

The Avenger programme is very powerful and can be quite dangerous at times lol. It does seem to get the job done when all else fails.

You can now delete the Avenger backups in C:\avenger\backup.zip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back