Accessing printer from a laptop using wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having trouble accessing my canon MP780 printer/fax from my wife's laptop (os xp). She is using a wifi, which is up and running just fine. No problems except accessing the printer. The MP780 is hard wired to my desktop, (os xp). The workgroup names are the same for both computers. I get as far as "print test page". The printer does not respond.

so when u click print does the printer show up under where u can select which printer to use? if it shows up there then everything should work

I'm assuming you have the printer shared on you desktop? Then have browsed to it on the laptop and installed the printer to be one that can be used on the laptop?

Can you access your desktop from the laptop to share files?

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

ripken204 said:
so when u click print does the printer show up under where u can select which printer to use? if it shows up there then everything should work

Actually, the printer choices shown are zero. For some reason the laptop does not recognize any printer which is share designated on my desk top

poertner_1274 said:
I'm assuming you have the printer shared on you desktop? Then have browsed to it on the laptop and installed the printer to be one that can be used on the laptop?

Can you access your desktop from the laptop to share files?

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

Thank you for the welcome. Yes, I do have the printer shared on my desktop, but does not get recognized by the laptop, nor am I able to share files with my desktop. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back