Accidentally installed XP 64 over my XP home edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caxus

I had intended to test out the trial of windows xp 64 bit on my second hard drive but i forgot to switch boot drives in my bios before i did it. I formatted the correct one and everything but it seems to have installed xp 64 on my main harddrive.

Nothing got erased, its just annoying that now it asks me which os i want to boot every time i turn on my computer. Is there any way to get rid of it or should i just format it and start over?

control panel/system/advanced/startup and recovery/settings/system start up/time to display list of... 0sec.. be sure its load right Windoze ver(default operation system: )

Ok, thanks.

My next question is how much harddrive space am i wasting by having a second OS installed and is there any way to remove the 64bit version completely?

Windows takes nearly the same amount of space that the size of its Windows folder is.

As for 64 system removal, IMHO it's better just to reformat the partition where the system is installed on. Not to lose your critical data, back it up first manually or using any backup software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back