Acer Aspire 7520g Repeat Boot Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have ran into a problem with my Acer Aspire 7520g. I started the laptop as usual and it started no problem. I then left the room and when i returned the laptop was switched off. When i now try to boot it up it goes into a cycle of spinning up the hard-drive, switching on the power light button and then switching them bith off and then retrying again. The only way to stop the process is to remove the battery. I am unable to access the bios as this all happens within 4 seconds and it goes back into its cycle of trying to reboot. I have removed the hard-drive and replaced with a new one, checked the ram and slots by moving the ram sticks around but i am now at a loss as to what it could be. The laptop does this on both battery power and mains electricity, the battery is getting charged up no problem. Has anyone ran into this problem before and found a solution. Is it in need of a new motherboard. The laptop is just over a year old and just out of warranty. It runs Windows XP Pro, has both ram slots filled, had very little DVD-drive use. I read about a solution about the CMOS Battery but in this model the buttery is embody with 2 pins down & and up-side of the battery and cannot remove it. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks...

You might have to take the laptop into a repair facility to have it diagnosed. It could be a bad motherboard, especially after all the things you have tried

I do not think the problem is now the motherboard, because yesterday I tried a way that I read somewhere using a combination of keys, of course not be the right combination for this model and when i hold the buttons suddenly became operational read memories, hard disk, DVD all OK but I had the following problem because one of the 2 hard drives I've been spoiled the chip supply current block at each boot on the point after reading memories, etc. So now the problem goes to the CMOS Battery.

hey I have exactly the same problem .. only difference is .. that my laptop sometimes goes in windows and then in 20s dies ... and the cycle beganes again 4s and restart .... etc. the same ..
did u figure it out .. plz help me ... tnx !!!

remove the battery and power cord then hold the power button down for 30 seconds...then plug the cord in without the battery and try to power up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back