Admin Password chip location on Dell Latitude C840

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carloscycle

TS Rookie
I need to know the location of the password chip on the motherboard of a Dell Latitude C840. Everything I have tried so far has not worked. I would greatly appreciate any help I can get on this.

Carloscycle

TS Rookie
Thanks for the tip. I am getting closer but I still have to find the location of this chip on the Inspiron 8200. Thanks again!

Rick

TS Evangelist
Here's another option (I didn't read that thread..)

I don't know about the really new Dell laptops, but they used to have a USB dongle which could clear passwords. I believe this device will work for the 8200, as that's about the right time period.

Paragon33

TS Rookie
Carloscycle said:
Thanks for the tip. I am getting closer but I still have to find the location of this chip on the Inspiron 8200. Thanks again!
It is underneath the Tray/Chute for the Fixed Optical drive, and very close to the board edge near the Modular Bay's inner end.

jlon

TS Rookie
Greetings To All!!

Hope the holiday treated you well as did I - I rested - whew!!! I have a Dell Inspiron 1520 of which I am trying to either get the part number or the exact location of the motherboard for the tmp 1.2 security chip. Researching to find it so that I can order a replacement has proven a bit difficult to say the least. Appreciate any leads or info on this one.

Have a good day

B A ....

Paragon33

TS Rookie
jlon said:
Hope the holiday treated you well as did I - I rested - whew!!! I have a Dell Inspiron 1520 of which I am trying to either get the part number or the exact location of the motherboard for the tmp 1.2 security chip. Researching to find it so that I can order a replacement has proven a bit difficult to say the least. Appreciate any leads or info on this one.

Have a good day

B A ....
The EEProm chip is a 25 series. I only know of 2 varieties so far, a 25P80?? and a
MX25L800??. These are not exact but close to the complete number. I do not know their location on the boards in question.

zone2oo0

TS Rookie
i hope you guys still check this, anyway.. i found a MX 25L605AM2C and i also found a ST which is C46WP

i tried jumping both, but... no luck

any help would be greatly appreciate it

this is a inspiron 1520 btw

Status
Not open for further replies.