Admin Password chip location on Dell Latitude C840

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to know the location of the password chip on the motherboard of a Dell Latitude C840. Everything I have tried so far has not worked. I would greatly appreciate any help I can get on this.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your answer may be found in this thread HERE Pages 10/11/12 maybe the interesting part for you.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Thanks for the tip. I am getting closer but I still have to find the location of this chip on the Inspiron 8200. Thanks again!

Here's another option (I didn't read that thread..)

I don't know about the really new Dell laptops, but they used to have a USB dongle which could clear passwords. I believe this device will work for the 8200, as that's about the right time period.

Carloscycle said:
Thanks for the tip. I am getting closer but I still have to find the location of this chip on the Inspiron 8200. Thanks again!
It is underneath the Tray/Chute for the Fixed Optical drive, and very close to the board edge near the Modular Bay's inner end.

Greetings To All!!

Hope the holiday treated you well as did I - I rested - whew!!! I have a Dell Inspiron 1520 of which I am trying to either get the part number or the exact location of the motherboard for the tmp 1.2 security chip. Researching to find it so that I can order a replacement has proven a bit difficult to say the least. Appreciate any leads or info on this one.

Have a good day

B A ....

jlon said:
Hope the holiday treated you well as did I - I rested - whew!!! I have a Dell Inspiron 1520 of which I am trying to either get the part number or the exact location of the motherboard for the tmp 1.2 security chip. Researching to find it so that I can order a replacement has proven a bit difficult to say the least. Appreciate any leads or info on this one.

Have a good day

B A ....
The EEProm chip is a 25 series. I only know of 2 varieties so far, a 25P80?? and a
MX25L800??. These are not exact but close to the complete number. I do not know their location on the boards in question.

i hope you guys still check this, anyway.. i found a MX 25L605AM2C and i also found a ST which is C46WP

i tried jumping both, but... no luck

any help would be greatly appreciate it

this is a inspiron 1520 btw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back