Adobe Reader Stops Responding

Adobe Reader works inside of Browsers but will not open a PDF file, it 'Stops Responding'.

After uninstalling, cleaning up adobes crap with a tool they provide then installing Adobe Reader again it worked for three days then stopped responding again.
There are several posts about changing the Protected mode but that can only be done if the Reader is working, its not responding so you can't access the setting.
Edit the registry
HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Adobe/Acrobat Reader/11.0/Privileged/bProtectedMode and set the Data to 0

Adobe had me re-install twice then clean by install with a tool they gave me then install again but they never fixed the issue!

Windows 7 x64

I have similar issues with Adobe Reader, but for me, all it does is just lag a lot while scrolling, but it doesnt stop responding. I have heard of that protected mode fix, but I do not know if it works.

Try this:
1) Download the Adobe Cleaner tool >>here<<.
2) Download the latest version of Adobe Reader, which is 11.0.06, >>here<<. This may help since it seems to me that you are running Adobe Reader 11, not 11.0.06. This release could solve your issues. If it doesnt, I am afraid I am out of options since I am not too familiar with Adobe Reader.

Back