Advice on soundcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyl1125

anyone have any advice on a cheap soundcard for my computer have ibm thinkcentre with windows xp have no sound

@tmagic

I can help w/that one as i'm the one who determined kyl1125's sound card was dead (in other thread) and suggested they post for new sound card advice

Code:
   Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.100216-1514)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: IBM
       System Model: 818343U
               BIOS: Phoenix FirstBios(tm) Desktop Pro Version 2.0 for IBM ThinkCentre.
          Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
             Memory: 1014MB RAM

Creative Audigy 4 anyone? Those gotta be running around $30 nowadays...

I suggest just running down to the nearest retailer and picking up something that fits his budget. Low end sound cards are all pretty much the same if you ask me; dime a dozen.

Yeah, since hes running XP he will need an add-on sound card... The higher end motherboards on-board sound is much better than many add-on audio cards now days

hey help me how to install pci sound card.. the computer said that no sound card installed in my system. but when instaleed the one just bought it wont work! please help

Make sure you disable the onboard sound in the BIOS and uninstall any sound drivers first. When you install the new sound card, be sure to install the sound card drivers or it won't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back