Advice on Thermal Compund

Status
Not open for further replies.

LXIX

I had a cpu cooler in my computer for not even 2 days and i switched it out for another new cooler i got. I forgot about the thermal compund and i don't want to unplug everything and go back in to do it. There was still a good layer of compund on the cpu from the first cooler i put on less then 2 days before but i failed to put anything on the new cooler base. Do you think i will be able to get away with this or will it be better if i just go through the trouble of opening the thing back up and reapplying some compund to the cooler.

if job is worth doing, its worth doing it well! as long as the compound is new and ample applied there should be no problem. keep checking your running temps for a few days though.
get everesthome free : http://www.majorgeeks.com/

thanks i have it and i have a apevia case with a temp thermo so i stuck it under the cooler so i can keep track its stays at 50 c when playing call of duty 2 i think its fine my cooling is insane.

Personally, I'd just re-do it. It gives me the peace of mind, knowing that if anything went wrong, its probably not because I didn't put the thermal compound on.

skimp now, regret later.

ALWAYS clean the cpu with electronics cleaner and re-apply thermal grease when reinstalling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back