AGP not detecting Geforce 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thadanman2k1

I just bought a PNY geforce 4 4200 AGP today. I think there is a problem with my AGP slot or something because whenever I start the comp with my monitor cord in it, I get a message from the monitor that says "please check signal". This is making me mad, because I really want to use that thing. Can anyone tell me the STEP-BY-STEP-BY-STEP instructions to install this thing. I already using a geforce 2 mx400 in my comp. its a pci. I really dont want to pay some guy at my local computer to put it in for me. Unless I need to buy a new Mobo because I have a faulty AGp slot. If thats the case tell me.

Thank you in advance! :grinthumb

Make sure that the card is inserted into the AGP slot properly, and make sure that you have a powerful enough PSU - i.e. 300W + to power it...

It should work otherwise though...unless of course your AGP slot is knackered.

yes I have ,but I will go to my comp store anyway
I want to upgrade my mobo and processor anyway. my mom wants the old parts to make a comp so we can have a network. :grinthumb

Try putting the GF4 in another machine and testing it. There's a possibility it was DOA :)dead: On Arrival)

Before you change your card go into your systems BIOS.
You will probably see an option that says something like "Video boot from: PCI". You should have the option to toggle this to AGP.
Then shut your system down after saving this bios change and then remove the PCI card and put in the AGP GF4 and reboot. Hopefully this should then have a video signal! This should fix your problem with any luck ;)

Check out this post : Procedure for installing video card

And also check that your BIOS supports GF4 cards. I noticed that the last bios update available for my old A7M266 motherboard "adds support for Geforce 4 video cards"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back