Ahead Nero 6.0 released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
After a small delay, Ahead Software has released and made available for download Nero 6, the popular CD burning software (a personal favourite of mine). Spotted this news at Neowin.

Nero 6.0 Ultra Edition is the most comprehensive, versatile CD- and DVD-mastering and packet-writing suite on the market today. In fact, calling it a disc-authoring app is a disservice, because the suite also offers a very capable backup program, a DVD-authoring app that compares favorably with all but its pro-level competitors, and even a VCD/DVD movie playback program that includes support for MPEG-4.

More information on the new Nero package is available on Ahead's official website. You can directly download Nero 6.0 trial here, also read CNet's review here.

yes, julio

i tried to do an update, and it asked if i wanted to replace my old version with a .....demo......version, i cancelled the install..............what? is this only a look see to eventual paymrnt? if so, i have a hard copy, and would rather not hassle the return, to my older version, after the demo version expires

yes, phant

i have 5.7..........in the updater, it tells me the 6.0 version is a demo.........now, what i don't want to do is have a temporary upgrade, only to disolve, when time is up.....then, return to what i started with, if you follow me..i mean really,.........i should be able to update a previously purchased version..........without a demo evaluation........ and, to be pre-empted for purchase again, for the bells and whistles, you copy

yes, ok, thx

well,.........i'm not changing............maybe later, after reading up on it's issues.........of which, i have read, .......there are a few

Its good, but not necessarily worth the money to upgrade... I don't know, I will have to use it more and play about with it.

Roxio Easy CD and DVD Creator is pretty good as well.

Yes that wouldn't be any fun. Just purchase the upgrade and go from there. That way you won't have to worry about losing it.

yes, thx

at a point, where the upgrade is involved in some way to enhance what i already currently do, then, that will be the time

yeah

i'm not exactly video editing these days..but, who knows?...there may come a day.

Its the same drill as always.... If you want to spend the $$$ on the software, get it. If not, don't bother. There are always plenty of reasons to upgrade and plenty of reasons not to when software is involved.

Why does everyone make a product that tries to do everything. Why couldnt' nero stick to just making a damn good cd/dvd burning program. There are already good vcd/dvd playing programs on the market.

Yeah, I just got and installed this last night. It has a different look, a little more sleek than the last one. But I agree it does quite a bit of stuff for a simple (not really) burning program.

hope you didnt install it to your root directory. they have now discovered a bug in nero 6 if you tell it to empty a file and the file is allready empty then it will delete your entire hard drive.

Looks like there is a major bug, according to this. I've also got the Nero 6. It might be a good idea to read this.
The German online magazine PCwelt.de reports that Nero 6 contains a 'bug' that could delete your entire harddrive. The bug is introduced with the Nero 6 Recode project. Bug might even not be the correct word for it, it seems more that Ahead forgot to limit the feature to empty the destination folder for temporarily files. If this destination directory is set to the root of a disc (e.g C : \) and if the question: "Destination folder is not empty, do you wish to clear it" is answered with yes, all files will be deleted.

you here that phant

erases your hard drive......oh, geez.........thx :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back