Albatron PX845 onboard sound problem (BAD sound in games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulSeeker

Well, my on-board sound is annoying the hell out of me.

First of all, I have an Albatron PX845PEV Pro board with the original drivers from the homepage. (Realtek AC'97 Audio driver version 5.10.0.5100)

Now during normal music or video enjoyment the sound is fine.
But as soon as i start a game (WoW, Steam CS, Rome:Total war) the sound gets bad... i mean REAL bad.
Oddly enough NOT in WoW intro videos and stuff, only in actual game play.

Since english is not my native language i have some problems expressing how the sound is like... But well, just imagine you pack a pair of bad headphones in a tin box and crank it up loud. Thats pretty much how it sounds ;-)

Hope anyone can tell me what would fix this or atleast if it even is fixable...

Dont really feel like stuffing an expensive sound card into my PC... My old ASRock K7 Board for instance only had onboard sound too, but it was definetly enough for my standards...

Well, thx in advance for any tipps.

Your sound works in Windows fine, while playing movies and listening to music. Something is "right" there. The oddball that comes to mind is EAX, Enhanced Audio eXperience (i think). I once had a game that had bad sound, and i had to go to options and disable EAX, or high definition audio, whatever they may call it. Then the game's sound was fine. The only other fix i've seen for that (like if the game always tried to use EAX with no option to disable it), is go to advanced properties of Sound and turn hardware acceleration down one level at a time, testing the game to see if it works. Hope you get it figured out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back