Alcohol 120% Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

greatman05

Hey guys! Under Windows 2000, whenever I try to load a image file in the virtual CD drive, I get this error message:

"Image file could not be opened by miniport in kernel mode"

What does that mean? Is there any way I can correct the error? Since I have not updated Windows 2000 to SP4 yet, will the service pack address this issue?

greatman05 said:
Hey guys! Under Windows 2000, whenever I try to load a image file in the virtual CD drive, I get this error message:

"Image file could not be opened by miniport in kernel mode"

What does that mean? Is there any way I can correct the error? Since I have not updated Windows 2000 to SP4 yet, will the service pack address this issue?

Download it and try

"GOOOOOOOOOOO BLACKPEOPLE":confused:

Windows 2k SP4 didn't solve my problem. What's worse is, I seem to be able to load images from a USB flash drive, but I can't load them directly from my hard drive... what's the problem with W2k and Alcohol 120%?

Alcohol 120% is a CD emulation program... for backing up CDs to HDD using CD images... I was using the Virtual CD emulation feature, and every time I try to load an image, it comes up with the same error. Like I said, this error only appears when I try to load an image directly from my harddrive...

Have you tried updating this software? Is there a support website for this product? If so, see if you find a forum or customer support that might be able to solve your issue, I am not fimiliar with this program so unfortunately I cannot be a big help.

Its possible that its conflicting with any other back up device you may have. such as Nero/ Roxio etc

Have you unistalled the program and re-installed it?

I'll try updating the software, don't know if it could be much use, though, as this is a problem I believe exists across Windows 2000. As for Nero and Roxio, I HATE ROXIO, and Nero I just installed, but the problem appeared even before the installation of Nero. I went to the alcohol support forum, but some stupid *** had his post closed before he was even able to get his question answered. CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME?

Alcohol 120% sucks... I have made disc images with Nero and enabled "No CD needed" play with Daemon Tools... Keep in mind, I own the origional CD games

Well, I got the problem fixed. Turns out there was a problem with Alcohol 120% 1.9.5.3105 miniport driver running on Win2000. The fix was to simply upgrade the software. Unlike you, I spend time on "useless junk".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back