Alcohol 'more harmful than heroin'

I am sure the alcohol sellers won't like it, but his argument is interesting one; I'll add a small bit to these findings, I have not known anyone under the influence of heroin running their vehicle over someone walking at the roadside.

Hi Arc,
if I can make the assumption that one could also substitute "cocaine,Vicodin , percocet...etc in that sentence. there would be a reason that you have not known anyone who has been drugged and run over someone walking at the roadside. The attention for the most part is put on alcohol and driving. It is known that for one, vicodin (the most widely prescribed painkilling drug on the planet, impairs your decision making and reaction time. There is however no roadside test for it. And unlike alcohol, there is not a set limit for the bloodstream and operating a vehicle. As a result, I don't believe that any credible statistics exist on the problem of drugged driving. our family has experience personally with this. My wife was hit by a drunk driver two years ago and sustained serious injuries of which we are still dealing with. As it turns out , the woman that hit her was also using drugs. The only reason that came to light was because of the alcohol use.

That is a fair point, I hope someone will do in-depth research in this area as well; although I've read lots of stories about side effects of many important drugs; but unfortunately downside of 'big' corporations is; they can buy people to influence things the way they want them to be.

On the alcoholic side of the argument few days ago someone smashed their new 2010 Toyota Corolla at well over 100 mph; luckily the only casualty was an electrical pole (he suffered few broken ribs / a leg); and we ended up having to do without light for almost 10 hours while they repaired/replaced damaged stuff.

Whereas on the drugs side, I've seen someone die from heroin use, the guy used to play alongside me at a cricket club for a while; but he became 'chronically addicted' to heroin and died within two years.

There is however no roadside test for it. And unlike alcohol, there is not a set limit for the bloodstream and operating a vehicle. As a result, I don't believe that any credible statistics exist on the problem of drugged driving.

Very true.

Statistics consider only on the data available, and not all stastical studies are scientific.

Have any of you actually tried to drive behind a hit of "orange sunshine"? (LSD).

I have no idea where anybody came up the idea that LSD is a, "least harmful" entity.

Its only, "saving grace" would be, that it freaks you out so bad, you stop using it.

It's not really the kind of "pastime" one might undertake, (pun intended), for 20 years or so, and then assess the medical consequences.

Or, as I enjoyed pointing out so much in the 70's, "you never really remember why you stopped doing acid, until the next time you take it"! :rolleyes:

(smiley staring at its own hand, while being led around by two of its friends goes, >>(here)<<)!

With all of that said, did you know that LSD was being considered as a treatment for alcoholism? Yeah well, that went nowhere.

Have any of you actually tried to drive behind a hit of "orange sunshine"? (LSD).

I have no idea where anybody came up the idea that LSD is a, "least harmful" entity.

Its only, "saving grace" would be, that it freaks you out so bad, you stop using it.

It's not really the kind of "pastime" one might undertake, (pun intended), for 20 years or so, and then assess the medical consequences.

Or, as I enjoyed pointing out so much in the 70's, "you never really remember why you stopped doing acid, until the next time you take it"! :rolleyes:

(smiley staring at its own hand, while being led around by two of its friends goes, >>(here)<<)!

I thought it was 'blue sunshine'? anyway I was slipped something called 'purple microdot' by an obnoxious friend who thought it would be hilarious. Not a good thing...unless you fancy your wood wall paneling coming to life and coming after you. I have no idea what people see in that stuff. my experience reminded me of "hellraiser"...only not so nice.

See, if you had taken it again, you would have had a much better grasp of this statement.
I thought it was 'blue sunshine'? anyway I was slipped something called 'purple microdot' by an obnoxious friend who thought it would be hilarious. Not a good thing...unless you fancy your wood wall paneling coming to life and coming after you. I have no idea what people see in that stuff.
No, it was absolutely "orange sunshine". You weren't thinking of "purple haze", were you?

That purple "microdot" must have been a** kicking. Back in the day, you had to smoke a few joints along with the acid to get the trolley cars to fly upside down.

BTW, "orange sunshine" had some other components. There was the strychnine, to heighten the senses, and a bunch of methamphetamine, so that no matter how bad you wanted to, you just couldn't look away.

I could see how alcohol is more dangerous. The way you effect people is in a more direct way, for example "bar fights," impaired driving, drunken rage's(domestic violence.) On the other hand you have serious narcotics which get you so high you just want to lay there(so no driving). You can see how doing these constantly can have more indirect effects on your social circle. You keep getting high, you lay down, can't move. Don't go to work, do it all over again and then your kids can't eat!

On a side note, havn't done anything more serious than shrooms. First and last time, I didnt know I wasn't suppose to drive. I saw someone on the hood of my car and my roommate so the street on fire.

My wife was hit by a drunk driver two years ago and sustained serious injuries of which we are still dealing with.

Boy, you are overloaded. An injured wife and two kids to handle all by yourself !

Hope your studies are coming along fine.

Back