Alienware

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just used my alienware respawn cd on my computer and im not that good with computer drivers or ultilities but once i reformatted it i cannot play any online games, i tryed installing this ATI graphics cd but it still comes up with a message of go to control panel and install computer components. and now i feel like i wasted alot of money because the company doesnt warn you about losing a whole bunch of drivers! :confused: please somone thats really well at computers help.

It sounds to me like you are still missing a few drivers. Or to be more accurate, you didn't install all the drivers.

In your hardware manager, what items are showing up as yellow?

yes don's right, its quite possable thant you didnt install all the drivers

when you say you cant play an online game, do you mean you can play Single player and not multiplaayer, also can you get internet on your computer

Beware of Alienware

Lucky you...sounds like you should be able to fix your problem with some driver installs...unless your pc is like my Alienware laptop!!! From day one i had compatibility issues with sound the card drivers and the graphics card...tried everything to fx it but to no avail...games would jump intermittently and sound would stutter and crackle...tech support were as useful as an *** full of baked snow...told me that it was just an compatibility issue between the ac97 onboard sound and the geforce fx go 5700 graphics card i would just have to send it back to see "IF" they could fix it!!! Then recently...one month out of warrenty...the hard disk fails...tech support told me that basically it was tough and i could whistle dixie or buy a new one!!! Luckily Hitachi replaced it under Alienwares warrenty!!! Hope you dont end up in the same boat and manage to reinstall the drivers you need, best bet would be to check the net...because my Alienware master cd also didnt have all the drivers required after a reformat....and the drivers that were on the disc were much older than what the ones that came preinstalled on the laptop!!! Anyway best of luck..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back