Altec Lansing 251 rears wont work

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the Altec Lansing 251's and a cheap Diamond DT-688 5.1 Sound card. When I play the demo that came with the sound card and is on the cd, the rear speakers work when Im playing 6 channels and everything sounds great. When I close the demo and play an mp3 or movie I dont get any sound from the rear speakers. When I switch to 4/2 channel they do give sound but not surround (im not sure if thats proper terminology). When I reopen the demo that came with the sound card it says that it switched to 2 speaker setup. So I switch it back to 5.1 and everythings fine until I play and mp3 or movie and then the cycle begins over... Anybody know whats wrong? Thanks in advance

I don't know if this is any help, but I had a similar problem with a Soundblaster live! 5.1 card. Turns out the place i got my computer from gave me the wrong driver CD. I don't know what your sound card's software is like, but there's probably a program similar to AudioHQ that you can install from the CD. Use that program to change the setting to 5.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back