Altec Lansing ADA880 subwoofers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I have two ADA880 powered Subwoofers with no satellite speakers for either. I was going to use them as bass for my home audio system but i quickly realized that i need the sat speakers to turn them on. Anyways question does anyone know how to get this subwoofer to work without the sat speakers?

You probably only have to jump a couple of connector pins. The connector is the one that the satellite speakers plug into. What pins exactly?... who knows

It's sort of an intricate project to convert an integrated system such as those Altecs into a viable free standing amplified subwoofer, The tone control preamps are possibly in the satellites and I don't know where the crossover networks are located, but maybe on or near the woofers. It's probably an easy matter to trace and jump the power connection, since the switch would just be jumping 2 wires running up from the power supply, but adapting the line inputs may be a different matter. If the computer line out connects at the subs, that would be the best scenario, but you still have to deal with the crossover split running up to the sats. Actually, it might be an electronic crossover feeding the bi-amped speakers. If you eliminate that, you wouldn't have any active level control over the sub.

I'd try to hunt down the schematics and work from there.

What Exactly Would You Consider Help....?

thank you for the info which helps none, why even write that ? not trying to be rude but really

You know, we've just been sitting around here with the specs and wiring diagrams for the Altec Lansing ADA-880 speaker system, waiting for you to come along and ask questions about them.

I suppose that we could hunt down the schematics for the system, then teach you to read them, and then upload amended wiring diagrams, should you have missed something.

My considered opinion after viewing the system is, that if I had a half of a low end, junk, cheap plastic, tinker toy speaker system , I'd probably heave it and buy a new one. Another more patient person might suggest selling them to another sucker on Ebay. Not trying to be rude, but really, gotta jet, I'm off to listen to my JBL home theater system. That probably doesn't help much either, "sorry".

Vic, I'm interested in 880 satelite speakers

Hello Vic

I am interested in 880 satellite speakers. 423-622-9816

thanks,
Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back